PDA

View Full Version : hmmm... a modders ponderance

richmandudeus
12-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Alright here is my problem: I am currently modding a case for a co-worker. He gave me the case without a top pannel:? so i figure since i don't have a bending station and don't know how to bend metal, i'll try to fassion one out of plexi;) . Things were going well as far as measuring, cutting, glueing, bondoing, etc. until the epoxy glue cracked :eek: while i was trying to put it together on the case. It was frustrating enough :mad: to make the damn thing and i don't think i have the patience to make another:( . If worse comes to worse then i will. But if any of you have any suggestions then i'm all ears. BTW it's just an old beige atx server tower made by micron who only makes ram sticks now.

digital_exhaust
12-07-2005, 10:16 PM
You might try using acrylic glue instead of epoxy.. it won't crack and you can make your own. Take the left over plexi that was ruined by your first attempt.. smash it to bits and put it in a glass jar... soak it in an equal amount of acetone for 24 hrs or so.. stirring occasionaly w/ a screwdriver or fork... and whaaalaaa.. acrylic glue. Be careful.. don't breate the fumes and don't do this in your kitchen...lots o' ventalation. Hope it helps... and like I said.. be careful. There are guides available if you look.

richmandudeus
12-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Alright so now i'm having major problems with this top panel build. I don't plan on giving up on it or what kind of modder would i be if i did!:p Now I ask if anyone knows how to build a makeshift bending station for sheet metal and the easiest way to bend sheet metal, like aluminum. Or if anyone else has better ideas on how to make a top panel then i'm all ears:D .

Malatory
12-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Alright so now i'm having major problems with this top panel build. I don't plan on giving up on it or what kind of modder would i be if i did!:p Now I ask if anyone knows how to build a makeshift bending station for sheet metal and the easiest way to bend sheet metal, like aluminum. Or if anyone else has better ideas on how to make a top panel then i'm all ears:D .

Look at Tribaloverkills Blackout mod. He has a make shift bending break.

basicly you will need 2 Vice Clamps
2 Steel break pieces.
use the vice clamp to hold them together and the piece of metal your bending between them, and hammer the piece over one of the break pieces.