PDA

View Full Version : Brother's laptop is not functioning.

xRyokenx
11-29-2008, 02:15 PM
My brother has an HP Pavilion dv6308nr laptop that was working fine until just a little while ago. Our younger brother was sitting at it for about ten minutes at the Vista welcome screen (he doesn't know the password) and closed the screen. My brother (that owns the laptop) opened the lid and hit the power button to boot it up. Everything loaded up normally past the "Windows Did Not Shut Down Correctly" screen up to the loading bar, which froze. My brother rebooted his laptop and all it does now is constantly reboot itself. The fan starts up, goes for about five to ten seconds, the laptop makes a "NEEEEurrrrhhh" noise, turns off, boots back up, and repeats this cycle over and over again. Does anybody know what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Ryoken

nevermind1534
11-29-2008, 02:29 PM
The vista installation might be f*cked. If you don't have a vista installation disc, you might have to back up the files and use the recovery partition.

ShockTheBox
11-29-2008, 02:47 PM
is the noise comming from the area where the hard drive is .. cause laptop drives give out after years of use .. and they do not take to getting hit well so it may be just natural causes for the hard disk... more info plzz// also try pressing f8 on boot and try safe mode if you can get that far

xRyokenx
11-29-2008, 09:02 PM
He brought it over to the neighbor's house to see what they could do and he said they messed around pressing with the F buttons and the Fn key and they got it to work. Thanks for the help.