PDA

View Full Version : WTFPWNED - Who are you and what have you done with my PC?

Azrael
12-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Ack! Just realised I was in the wrong forum. Move plz.

The comp I've been running for a while is a fairly standard 733Mhz PIII with a Radeon 9550, 30Gb HDD, and a cheap ASUS mobo. While I wait for the parts for the Auracle project, I thought I'd give this one some cosmetics at as minimal a price as possible.

The current case is a no-name beige midtower with removable side panels that have these handy 31x32cm indents in them, plus 'X' motif embossing. Pretty cheap and nasty, and inconspicuous. Wand'ring home from school one day, I spied the site of a car accident. And, fallen out of a window or something, was a large 100x40 sheet of perspex. Yoink! I am currently planning to cut and fit a window, but that comes later.

I am currently working on internal cosmetics and cooling. Namely, I'm constructing a ducted airflow system and buying some round leads for the IDE, floppy and PSU ribbons. THe only difference in cooling I have right now is a Thermaltake Mini Super Orb. The color scheme I'm thinking is to be Hallowe'en styled, with black and orange. Orange cables, copper heatsinks, black spray for inside the box and orange touch-up tins for delicates. Pictures of the current box will be up soon.

Azrael
12-11-2005, 12:06 AM
Oh. Okay, I thought it would be better suited to Project Worklogs, but you're the mod I guess.

Azrael
12-13-2005, 01:30 AM
Hallowe'en is out, Transformers is in.

The new colour scheme is black base with blue highlights and EL wire, the whole she-bang, and a custom vinyl decal of the Autobots logo on one panel and the 'Rad Rad Robotank' sprayed stencil from the most recent Sbemail. The cooling is being augmented by an altronics 50mm Adjustable speaker port that's gonna slot over the fan and be hose clamped in place with the port opening into the side panel. Another idea I've had is to purchase a 55mm servo-op photography iris from Edmund scientific and link it to the power switch (which is now a barrel-key switch, heheh). Photos coming, I promise.