PDA

View Full Version : How to Optimize Vista

TheGreatSatan
12-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Control Panel - Programs & Features - On left pane click 'Turn Windows Features on or Off' - Then uncheck:

Tablet PC Components
Remote Differential Compression
Windows DFS - restart later

Start button - Run - type msconfig - select the StartUp tab - Uncheck all unneeded items - Click Apply

THEN

Choose the Boot tab - Select Advanced Options - Put a check in the box 'Number of Processors' - Select the pull down menu and choose the number of cores onboard (2 for dual core, 4 for Quad core)

Right Click the Start Button - select properties - Under Privacy, uncheck both boxes - click OK

Control Panel - User Accounts - 'Turn UAC on or off' - Uncheck Box - click OK - restart later

Right Click the desktop - Click Personalize - Display Settings - Advanced Settings - At the top click on the Monitor Tab - Under Refresh rate choose the highest numerical setting

Right Click 'Computer' - choose Properties - On left side choose Advanced System Settings - The Advanced Tab will be displayed, under Performance choose Settings - Under the Visual Effects Tab choose 'Custom' - Leave the first four and last four checked, all others uncheck - Click Apply....

THEN

Click the Advanced Tab - Under Virtual Memory click 'Change' - Uncheck 'Automatically manage....' - Click Custom Size - In the Initial Size block enter the amount of RAM actually present (2GB = 2048) - In the Maximum Size block enter double of the first amount (4GB = 4096) - Click 'Set', then OK

Restart

Luke122
12-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to try this out as soon as I get Vista reinstalled on my laptop. :)
+rep

TheGreatSatan
12-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks!