PDA

View Full Version : Slot load DVD player not taking discs

theshoeshineman
12-20-2008, 05:19 AM
My slot load dvd player isn't taking any disks I place into it.

I have a notebook to sata converter attached to the end.

It shows up in the bios and if I press the eject button it will eject but when I place a disc into the slot and push it in it doesn't do anything.

:?:?:?:? never used one of these before so I'm not sure if it's something I havn't done or if it is a fault with the equipment.

Both pieces are brand new.

XcOM
12-20-2008, 10:47 AM
i would say ts a fault with the equiment, try inserting a disc with no power, then add power, it might force the motor to pull the disc in.

Failing that RMA it

theshoeshineman
12-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Well I just took the DVD drive back and had it tested and it's working fine. So that just leaves the Notebook to SATA converter from Darkwire.

They are located in Melbourne so hopefully the delay won't be too lengthy

Luke122
12-23-2008, 01:36 PM
I've had trouble with some discs not loading into slot players correctly because of the type of disc. The drive uses friction on the top to slide it in, so if it had a smooth top (no label) it wouldnt load. Try a different disc and see what you get. :)

theshoeshineman
12-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Yeah I tried a few different discs. But there wasn't any sound as if it was even trying to do anything.

I have sent the converter back to Darkwire, there looks like to be a bit of solder near the notebook drive plug as if someone had tried to repair it once before.