PDA

View Full Version : tv tuner card s-video out sound not working

ghoul
12-26-2008, 11:30 PM
ok so i have a tv tuner card, and it works fine but ive got a HDMI converter (goes into s-video in and has 3 cords at other end) witch ive plugged into it and then plugged my ps2 into that, the video works and i can play the ps2 fine, but theres no sound, ive tryed plugging the cords into the 2 diffent ends of the HMDI cord thing, and still no sound.

id really like sound from it but theres none

Luke122
12-27-2008, 05:23 AM
S-video doesnt carry sound, so you'll need to run audio inputs as well.

ghoul
12-27-2008, 07:21 AM
oh ok, wasnt aware of that.

do you have any idea where i can plug the left and right sound into?

i have 5.1 speakers witch i run though my 5.1 sound card.

Luke122
12-27-2008, 12:30 PM
If you have 5.1 audio output from your sound card, and only need 2 channels for tv, you would use the front left/right pair from the soundcard, usually the green plug. If it's only got a digital output (coax, optical) then you'll need a decoder to break it into separate channels.

ghoul
12-27-2008, 07:52 PM
im not sure i understand sorry

so i have a 5.1 sound card witch has 4 plugs 3 of witch are being used by the speakers, are you saying i plug the left, right (red white) plugs from the playstation into the soundcard? but where into the sound card and wouldnt that invole me to remove some of the speakers plugs there fore making them not work?

nevermind1534
12-27-2008, 10:54 PM
No, I think you were misunderstood. It should be labeled, what the plugs are. It even ask what you plugged in, if you plug it into any jack.