PDA

View Full Version : ideas

abnoea
12-16-2005, 12:28 AM
first off, i just want to say hello (im obviously new to this forum) and second im building a new puter this winter and the case im gettings is this (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811182545)
i wanted a server case so i had room to expand and mod, but the problem is i dont know what to do... i was thinking i want to go for green LEDs so anything that would incorperate that im open for.

Viper-Inc
12-16-2005, 09:23 AM
just do what you would like. modding is a personal thing really. do what you want on it and how u want it done.

We will help with what you come up with but you need to make the initial start :P

There are plenty of mods around to help you with some ideas.

abnoea
12-16-2005, 12:28 PM
i want to go for something fairly simple as i will be really modding my first case from scratch, but i also want something that will awe all the people at lans (wait isnt that what modding is =P) but like i said.. im open to ideas

Xato
12-16-2005, 09:27 PM
as Viper said, modding is pretty personal.
Just think of some cool themes that are green, a few that come to mind for me are...
Shamrock - (Irish clover thingy)
Envy
The Matrix
Aliens
Army

Once you have a theme ( whatever it is ) start looking at your case, and how you WANT it to look. A sketch pad can help with this, and dont worry if you cant draw for crap, just so you can keep you ideas after you forget them.
If you chose to do the shamrock design for example, you might want to cut a Clover window design, and light up the inside of the case, then decorate the front of the case with a few glowing plexi shamrocks or something.

The main problem with modding is, getting a picture in your head of what you know will please you, and getting that down on paper. After that we can all help you with how to put it all on your case.

abnoea
12-16-2005, 11:39 PM
okay... so i thought about it a little more and i have come to a conclusion, i shalst not limit myself to green. i started thinking about what i like, and well, i like japan so im thinking a white case with red stripes and a circle in the middle (window with red lights behind) so it will look something like this (http://www.flags-by-swi.com/F28.JPEG). then, as for the rest of the case i am clueless.

comments?

another idea... (going with japan theme) domo kun on front of case? (cd drive in his mouth dyed red)

yes? no?

adreamtraveler
12-17-2005, 04:07 AM
ah cool...personally i like it and would love to see what you come up with for the case. i like the red/white color scheme and would definitely make for a striking appearance. it's outside of the usual palette of colors that people mostly use to mod. good luck! can't wait to see it! :D

Rankenphile
12-17-2005, 03:08 PM
Domokun dvd drive?! rofl, that's awesome.

wingman358
12-17-2005, 06:33 PM
I think that a Domokun dvd drive would be flippin' awesome! I agree dreamtraveler; the red and white colors would definitely be striking!

Xato
12-17-2005, 11:55 PM
Definately individual too, go for it!

age13 mod like hell
12-18-2005, 12:27 AM
hey is any body here

age13 mod like hell
12-18-2005, 12:28 AM
yo hoo is any body here yo hoo

abnoea
12-18-2005, 12:42 AM
yo hoo

abnoea
12-25-2005, 02:01 AM
okay.... so i got the case today and im thinking im gonna have to cancel the domo kun idea.... but i found out that my neighbor does laser cutting (YIPPI!) so maybe some cool kanji window is in order....

shurikens mounted on fans.... kewl? dangerous?

Xato
12-25-2005, 02:56 AM
it wouldnt be called extreme modding if it wasnt a danger to someone! =P
I wouldnt use REAL shurikens though, maybe just get a few custom grills cut in that shape while you get the window done.

abnoea
12-25-2005, 06:45 PM
okay so i came back from my grandparents' place... borrowing their dremel... i think im ready to start... may end this one and start a new one (thread) in the worklog section.... =D *excited*

now off to go practice w/ dremel