PDA

View Full Version : Cooling?

Fire7623
12-16-2005, 03:23 AM
Hello fellas I am new to this place and planning on staying!
I had an idea and I need your opinions!
Ok I live in Texas and the heat can beat ur pc down when ur not home and do not have the cooler on all day.
I come up with a idea to connect a my personal air conditioner to the back of the radiator via tube (an huge tube) which would force cold air into my pc.
Can anyone think of any problems that can come up?
I was thinking that the cold air would condense with the heat and make water (Uh oh?)
Please tell me before I ruin my pc ! :)
Thanks

Sh0ck
12-16-2005, 03:30 AM
I believe its a good chance it could make water, but I have no experience with this or modding at all. :D

Xato
12-16-2005, 03:42 AM
What type of cooling setup do you use now?

And if its a good air conditioner you should be able to set it to de-humidify the air which it releases. I dont know if personal air con comes with these types of features, but its possible.

snokprok
12-16-2005, 09:32 AM
one day i used a destop fan like 10cm in diamter, opened the side and let the air flow in lol.

Fire7623
12-16-2005, 10:09 AM
What type of cooling setup do you use now?

And if its a good air conditioner you should be able to set it to de-humidify the air which it releases. I dont know if personal air con comes with these types of features, but its possible.

Ya Im using water cooling now, but i still get heat problems every now and then

dgrmkrp
12-16-2005, 10:54 AM
..the air in texas is pretty dry, right? so if that's the only concern u got, go for extra cooling :) .. and if there would be water condensing, it would condense on the rad.. u should only water-proof that area..

adreamtraveler
12-16-2005, 01:14 PM
Ya Im using water cooling now, but i still get heat problems every now and then

how about just getting some extra hose and extending your water cooling system to have the radiator outside the case and then turn the air conditioner towards the radiator to blow the cool air over it....you would have to really worry too much and condensation this way and if you wanted to be sure even more you could always pick up a dehumidifier off ebay or something.

Fire7623
12-16-2005, 04:29 PM
how about just getting some extra hose and extending your water cooling system to have the radiator outside the case and then turn the air conditioner towards the radiator to blow the cool air over it....you would have to really worry too much and condensation this way and if you wanted to be sure even more you could always pick up a dehumidifier off ebay or something.

I was thinking that same thing where i put my radiator outside of my pc or i can get a filter