PDA

View Full Version : Wood case

Jfwhitt
12-16-2005, 06:03 PM
I have never done a case mod before so I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into here but, I have had the idea for some time now to build a case out of wood. My brother is building me a desk out of oak and I don't just want to throw my plain old black case on it. I want to build a case out of oak to match the desk any ideas/concerns. Any help is welcome!

Xato
12-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Shouldnt have too many problems, just make sure it doesnt catch on fire... lol.
I'm pretty sure there's a few wood case's worklogs out there on the net, you should read through a few so you can get some ideas on how to overcome any obstacles.

Jfwhitt
12-17-2005, 01:12 AM
I googled for some work logs on wood cases and found this one. http://www.monkkonen.net/wood_case.php I think that this is about the type of case that I'm looking to build but, I wouldn't add all of the carvings.

OvRiDe
12-17-2005, 01:21 AM
Looks like a very nice project.. I will be looking forward to seeing your progress..

age13 mod like hell
12-18-2005, 12:25 AM
hehe

Viper-Inc
12-18-2005, 12:42 AM
doesn't wood get a lot hotter inside than aluminium or plex?

if so you would need some kind of good cooling system with intake and outtake fans. Just an idea.

Xato
12-18-2005, 02:06 AM
Wood probably acts as a better insulator due to its fibrous structure... but im not sure as to how much that would affect cooling the case. You could probly cool it just as you would a normal case with no problems.