PDA

View Full Version : Processor at 115C, clock Resets

Indybird
01-18-2009, 01:45 PM
So I just got my new computer (i.e. all my old parts on a new mobo) running a few days ago. Like usual, I leave it on all night. However, every single time I come back the next day after leaving in perfect running order the night before, the processor temperature is being read as 115C (which it obviously is not), and my clock gets reset about 4 hours behind. At first I thought this was a BIOS related problem, so I updated that to the newest one, but that didn't fix it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Indybird

crenn
01-18-2009, 02:48 PM
The only thing I can think of is to check your thermal paste.... but I don't think that's the issue.

Spawn-Inc
01-18-2009, 03:29 PM
reseat the heatsink and check the pattern of the thermal paste to see how well its contacting the cpu. what are your temps when you use it?

Indybird
01-18-2009, 03:42 PM
No, the processor isn't running at 115C, I know that for a fact. Speedfan reports the core temps as being around 28C Idle/ 35C load, and this only happens after I leave it idling over night. And besides that processor would not be able to last all night running @ 115C.

Plus it happens every time in conjunction with the time problem...

Thanks,
Indybird

FuzzyPlushroom
01-18-2009, 04:41 PM
The time is leading me to think it's the CMOS battery. Try switching it out with a good one from another board; if that fixes it, just get a new one for a couple bucks.

If that's not it, make sure your BIOS is updated to the newest stable version, or to whichever one people seem to be having the best luck with.

nevermind1534
01-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Is the timezone set correctly? Although, if it's also with the cpu at the same time, that's probably not your problem.