PDA

View Full Version : A pirates case for me.

Redbeard
12-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Durring my break I am planning on working on modding my chieftec case. As you may be able to tell I have an obsession with pirates. My early plans have me repainting the case flat black with a jolly roger on one side. Other than that I'm kinda stumped. Any other ideas?

OvRiDe
12-18-2005, 11:32 PM
A Jolly Roger window would be kind of cool..
Or you could get a decal like THIS (http://www.xoxide.com/noname20.html)
Laser Etched is alway good.. but I didnt see a Jolly Roger.. but they did have THIS (http://www.frozencpu.com/wnl-05.html).

Maybe you could do somthing cool with gold or silver style coins.. And then there are always ship and sword shapes..

Good luck.. hope his helps some..

abnoea
12-19-2005, 12:05 AM
definently need a mast....
as for the jolly roger, it would make a pretty cool window...
flashing white LEDs would add a pretty cool effect *imagines stuff*

adreamtraveler
12-19-2005, 07:51 AM
you have got to have a plank too....a pirate can't be a pirate unless he can make people walk the plank hehee :D

Rankenphile
12-19-2005, 12:19 PM
Have the side open with servos and have a pile of treasure - dubloons, necklaces, etc. - inside, like a treasure chest. That would be awesome.

Samurai of Ice
12-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Ninjas pwn Pirates

I have a shirt that says that. he he :D

the idea with a treasure chest inside the case would be really cool

Redbeard
12-19-2005, 03:12 PM
good ideas guys... last night I came up with the idea of using the pirate theme but also trying to make it like modern/futuristic style as well. I know I keep making this harder on myself but it could turn out really good.

adreamtraveler
12-19-2005, 06:52 PM
good ideas guys... last night I came up with the idea of using the pirate theme but also trying to make it like modern/futuristic style as well. I know I keep making this harder on myself but it could turn out really good.

ah so "space" pirates?? hehee it's there a futurama episode with space pirates?

Redbeard
12-19-2005, 07:31 PM
ah so "space" pirates?? hehee it's there a futurama episode with space pirates?

haha, I didn't think about how what I said sounded like space pirates. I was thinking more along the lines of mixing the futuristic theme with pirates... Dang that is space pirates. :mad: But then again in some of my favorite space simulation games like freelancer and privateer the pirates aren't totally lame, and if I work on it maybe almost cool.

Oh well I'll have to do some more thinking.

abnoea
12-19-2005, 09:14 PM
ninjas are waaaay better than pirates, but i guess space pirates could be cool too....*thinks* space ninjas.... hehe

Redbeard
12-19-2005, 11:47 PM
okay let's not get into a discussion about pirates and ninjas... that subject has gotten so old it's not even funny. They're both cool, the end. But I do have to admit space ninjas are just funny. Seriously though about my project I am so lost right now... I don't know if I should just kinda keep it simple right now or what. But time is ticking so I'll have to reach some conclusion soon.

adreamtraveler
12-20-2005, 01:48 AM
haha space ninja's are funny lolol....ahh...anyway back to pirates....if you wanted to make it futuristic but not space....then you could use a lot of strips of metal that would normally be planks of wood. have the treasure be sealed in an airlock chamber or something rather than having it be buried...and for the pirates you could have like half skeleton half robot pirates with LEDs for eyes and glowing plexi for swords from an LED in the handle.

i would say...think about the elements that make a good pirate and pirate setting......watch Goonies a couple of times.....and then take those elements and try to think about what they would be like in the setting of the terminator or star wars or starship troopers....then you'll have classic style futuristic pirates!! :D :D hope this helps!!

EDIT: on a side note, this thread could probably be moved to the new idea zone! :D

OvRiDe
12-20-2005, 02:29 AM
If you were going to go more "Pirates of the Carabean" style pirates you could take think strips of wood lattice and distress them a bit. Then stain them dark and with some steel bands, cover the case so that IT looks like a treasure chest of sorts..

Redbeard
12-20-2005, 01:53 PM
i like the idea of the strips of metal. Instead of using metal though maybe I or someone talented could paint it on to look like that. I'm thinking red would be the best color for lighting yet a mix could work be better. Ideally the front/side could have a skull and could use red leds behind the eyes.

Another question....there has to be a jolly roger on it... if not several... I want them to be airbrushed on but the only people I know that do that are the people who do t-shirts. Would that work or am I going to be stuck with vinyl decals?

Redbeard
12-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Hey another thing I just thought of is this. My small case window might could use some help as well. While my plan has been to place perforated metal in place of the crappy acrylic window (i hate acrylic with a passion). I was going to try and find some very open perforated metal and paint it black to make it blend it better... at least until I can get serious if i decide to wait to work on it later. So any ideas on how I could liven up this window area?

Rankenphile
12-22-2005, 07:36 PM
put a jolly roger over the window, or alternately, do an inlaid smoked plex skull or ship in the clear. You could even use window paints on the clear to simulate water.

Myrdhyn
12-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Ask the guys you know that do t-shirts....usually they will airbrush anything and everything that you bring to them....I know of a couple airbrush artists in the area that I have talked to and even asked specifically if they would do computer case panels, and they said sure.

Malatory
12-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Ask the guys you know that do t-shirts....usually they will airbrush anything and everything that you bring to them....I know of a couple airbrush artists in the area that I have talked to and even asked specifically if they would do computer case panels, and they said sure.

I would 2nd that ...

Most would be willing to do something besides a T-shirt.

As for replacing the window. When you paint it make sure it matches as close as you can to the case color. Make it look like that case as much as you can. Also Why Not take that to the Air-brush dude and have him paint a Cross and Skull on that as well.

Myrdhyn
12-23-2005, 01:12 PM
I was basically told by the ones I asked that if you can bring it in here, and if its a material i can get paint on...that they will doit.

Redbeard
12-23-2005, 04:02 PM
good to hear that... hope to try it out... now if I can only find modder's mesh locally...grrr

Redbeard
12-31-2005, 07:47 PM
*Update* The project has begun and we are 25-30% complete. We are using a cherry red paint for the case and the grill has been cut and painted black. I plan on doing my worklog on it in the future.

Redbeard
01-12-2006, 01:03 AM
Worklog is finally posted go check it out.