PDA

View Full Version : disable wndows logon screen?

SXRguyinMA
02-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Alright I installed some windows updates, including .net framework 3.5. now when I turn my computer on, I always get the stupid logon screen. is tehre any way to disable that and habe it just load up windows like it used to? Should I just remove the .net 3.5? :?

AMD Killa
02-01-2009, 09:28 PM
I have a program called auslogics boostspeed. Download the free 15 trial, and go into the tweak manager. Then under system (i think), there should be a tab for Auto-Login. Just fill in the details such as username and password, and after a reboot, the system should automatically log you in as before. If you didnt have a password before, try leaving the password blank, or setting a memorable one for use with the auto login.

Im sure there is a way to do it in windows, but I'm too tired to wonder aimlessly around the control panel.

I think the reason it requires the logon screen is that the .net framework adds a hidden user account for running its code. The update might have done something to that. I havent noticed anything when I have updated mine in the past, but I always have passwords on my machines.

jdbnsn
02-02-2009, 01:49 AM
I think you can disable it by disabling the guest account or something in your control panel/user accounts option.

Luke122
02-02-2009, 02:23 AM
Click start, click run, type this:

control userpasswords2

That should answer that. :) You can still leave a password on your account, but it will always assume the same user is logged on in startup. To change which user you use, you'll have to logout first.

SXRguyinMA
02-02-2009, 11:58 AM
thanks man, exactly what I was looking for :up:

SXRguyinMA
02-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Ok now I shut by computer down to install a new video card, now I can't login! It says it can't log me in due to an account restriction. Also, my comp won't boot up with my 500gb Seagate hooked up, but works fine if I unplug it, minus the login thing. I'm on my iPhone now, please help! :?

SXRguyinMA
02-02-2009, 05:49 PM
ok I did a google and found out how to bypass it, its all set. :up: