PDA

View Full Version : Hydroxycut

Zephik
02-03-2009, 02:42 AM
Has anyone tried Hydoxycut before?

nevermind1534
02-03-2009, 02:09 PM
I think it was one of those things that didn't work well, or was/is somewhat of a scam, but I've never tried it, so I couldn't tell you for sure. It was on the news a few years ago. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxycut

Spawn-Inc
02-03-2009, 02:17 PM
as much as i would love said magic pill they don't exist. a proper diet (using common sense on whats good and bad) and exercise is the way to go at it.

BuzzKillington
02-03-2009, 02:34 PM
I've stacked hydroxycut hardcore with lipodrene before. they do kill your appetite and get you hyped up but I'm not sure how much of my weight I can contribute to it. It will also make you pretty nauseous which is why i stopped taking them.

I mentioned it in another thread. Depending on your health (no hypertention, heart problems) I'd look into "ECA stack." (not the pill itself... someone jumped on the idea and decided to name their product after it.) I can promise you 2lbs a day sitting on ur butt... much more if you do it right. (Do not sit on your butt...) If that's not a magic pill I don't know what is haha.

I do agree 100% though... even if you lose the weight with it, it will come back if you don't change w/e lifestyle it was that gave you the extra lbs. I'd really recommend cutting out soda, Gatorade, fake juices, etc out of your life. Yes... diet sodas too as they can have a reverse effect. Start practicing eating slower... most of us have heard it 100 times in our lives but really, once you make a habit of it you will notice yourself not finishing the plate. Calorie counting is the biggest part. Look up your weight/calorie chart to see what's the ideal caloric intake for your weight and what's your minimum before your body goes into starvation mode and kills your metabolism. I'd find a sweet spot in between those two numbers.

I'll go find the other thread that I preached about the ECA stack so you can read more about it. Link (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17586)

I'd also do a lot more scientific research on dieting... ignore those stupid magazine-type reads. Know that you can bulk and diet at the same time (in case you're looking to put on some muscle) and know that you cannot rely on drugs forever so use them wisely and only when you are 100 percent sure to change your lifestyle. Give fast food the finger regardless of what the calories are, try and drink a gallon of water a day although a half gallon will do, take your multi vids, don't eat fruit excessively. "Egg beater egg whites" instead of eggs, lean protein foods, veggies, stay away from soy, yada yada yada, we've all heard it... it's mostly true.

Sorry about preaching again... I just feel I should put out the basic stuff all on the table to save some time.

Zephik
02-03-2009, 02:53 PM
they do kill your appetite and get you hyped up

Thats the main reason why I was looking at them, good to know. ^_^

I'll go find the other thread that I preached about the ECA stack so you can read more about it.

Thats what led me to the Hydroxycut actually. Well not that directly, but from searching for ephedrine I noticed Hydroxycut Hardcore (http://www.amazon.com/MuscleTech-Hydroxycut-Hardcore-120-Liquid-Capsules/dp/B000FEHT0U) contained norepinephrine which is what epinephrine is synthesized from. I've heard of an ECA Stack before from my best friend, he also says it works.

The reviews for Hydroxycut Hardcore seem to be pretty positive on Amazon, I think I'll give them a test run.

I'd also do a lot more scientific research on dieting... ignore those stupid magazine-type reads. Know that you can bulk and diet at the same time (in case you're looking to put on some muscle) and know that you cannot rely on drugs forever so use them wisely and only when you are 100 percent sure to change your lifestyle. Give fast food the finger regardless of what the calories are, try and drink a gallon of water a day although a half gallon will do, take your multi vids, don't eat fruit excessively. "Egg beater egg whites" instead of eggs, lean protein foods, veggies, stay away from soy, yada yada yada, we've all heard it... it's mostly true.

I never read magazines and I never fall for those weight loss diet scams. ;)

Bulking while dieting should definitely be possible, I've always been told that a fat person trying to bulk up will bulk up faster/better than a skinny person trying to bulk up. Probably do to all that extra energy stored away? lol

I'm not looking for a long term relationship with drugs, just a quick something to help burn off this winter coat. (I always gain weight over the winter months, but this year has been particularly bad at around 30 pounds of extra baggage.)

About the soy though. I've actually never heard of "stay away from soy". Just the opposite actually. My father went on the LA Weight loss Diet which is pretty highly soy based and he lost a lot of weight pretty fast. Its also supposed to be pretty healthy for you isn't it? I don't really consume a lot of soy, but I'm pretty nutty for Soy Milk.

Spawn-Inc
02-03-2009, 02:56 PM
i had a blood test and my cholesterol was a bit high, nothing super serious but keep an eye on it. i started looking at all the food i ate and kept the cholesterol intake low and i actually lost about 20-30 pounds within a couple months. but i also started a real job full time which also helped for sure.

i was 250 and am not 220 so i would like to get down to 200 but i'm not in a rush.

BuzzKillington
02-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Ya, cutting crap from your diet makes a big difference. I lost over 10lbs just from cutting soda.

nevermind1534
02-03-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm 125 and have borderline high cholesterol. When my dad found out that his was dangerously high, the doctor prescribed lipitor and he started eating a little better and lost a good amount of weight just staying away from saturated and trans fats and cholesterol. He also used to have to take a few tums almost every night, but since then, he hasn't had any. One of my teachers is HUGE, and I think all of the coke that she drinks can be attributed to most of it. 4 liters during the 7 hour school day alone.

Zephik
02-03-2009, 03:19 PM
One of my teachers is HUGE, and I think all of the coke that she drinks can be attributed to most of it. 4 liters during the 7 hour school day alone.

Holy sweet 8 pound 6 ounce baby Jesus. That is a LOT of soda pop!

Soda pop = liquid fat. I'm pretty sure its one of the main reasons why our country is so overweight. I would rank it top three at least, in my opinion anyways.

Its probably one of the main contributers to me being overweight too. I drank quite a bit this past couple months, pretty unusual for me. I'm usually more of a person who drinks healthy juices. Soda pop is strangely addicting.

nevermind1534
02-03-2009, 03:49 PM
I don't care for it much, luckily. It fills me up fast, too. I just don't really care much for carbonated beverages anymore. A frozen coke, however, is something that I don't mind.

Omega
02-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Diet + exercise.

Weight loss that will stick with you and actually make you healthier.

I still can not, for the life of me, figure out why people would ever use drugs to lose weight.

Anywho, I'm off. Judo class time soon.

BuzzKillington
02-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Because it works. Why not do both?

Spawn-Inc
02-03-2009, 11:21 PM
its laziness and wanting things now instead of waiting or working for it. i'm guilty of it, we all are to some extent.

Zephik
02-04-2009, 12:29 AM
its laziness and wanting things now instead of waiting or working for it. i'm guilty of it, we all are to some extent.

Agreed. I could lose five to ten pounds a month if I didn't like coming home and relaxing but instead took a short break and then started either working out on my own or going down to the gym.

But I like coming home and relaxing. I run around all day at my job anyways, its not real exercise of course, because its not Anaerobic. Well, except on busy days. Then it definitely is. It gets me sweating! I'm a dishwasher by the way, also a maintenance person and the general "if its low or out, refill/restock it" person.

Twigsoffury
02-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Hydroxycut is bad mmmmmmkay

Zephik
02-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Holy 8 pound 6 ounce baby jesus that was fast! USPS just dropped off my package.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. Well, hopefully. If I suddenly disappear STAY AWAY FROM HYDROXYCUT. lol