PDA

View Full Version : An idea

Durrthock
12-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Some one should make a computer that is a desk. Like with build in monitors and speakers and have all sorts of things that pop up and move so it looks like a regular desk and then when you press some hidden buttons it turns into an awesome multi monitor computer. I think that would be awesome!!

crenn
12-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Shall I post up that mod idea as well?

IF you could see inside my head, you wouldn't belive the stuff in there!!

richmandudeus
12-20-2005, 11:03 PM
I was actually planning to do that for my next mod hehe. Great minds think alike...

Durrthock
12-22-2005, 10:15 AM
lol yea

UK-Blade
12-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Already been done.

Have a look here http://www.lian-li.com/Product/OA/OA_F1.htm

Mind you, I think a cheaper version could be an idea.....
(who wants to pay £2-3000 for a case/desk?!)

Malatory
12-22-2005, 10:54 AM
I have seen people add the computer to a Wood desk and have the monitor under glass.

crenn
12-22-2005, 11:05 AM
Yeah.... but where's the fun in that?

richmandudeus
12-22-2005, 01:14 PM
Yeah.... but where's the fun in that?

agreed. We're talking about parts flipping open and monitors rising out of nowhere kinda deal. I came up with a design for it but it still needs a bit of work.

Redbeard
12-22-2005, 06:58 PM
what if in a strange way there was no case at all but instead everything(motherboard,PSU, everything) was connected to a metal backboard at the desk's top and surronded by glass or even (gag) acrylic. Using a slide out motherboard tray to connect it to could make all of it easier. Maybe even light the desk itself... go crazy and have lights come on when the HDD lights up all throughout the desk and such. They could be along the legs, around the desk's top...everywhere... okay enough of my blabbering I think you get the idea.

Xato
12-23-2005, 12:00 AM
How dare you bad mouth acrylic! *shakes fist*

richmandudeus
12-23-2005, 03:28 AM
"AAAAGGGGHHHH get out of my head!!!"

adreamtraveler
12-23-2005, 07:15 PM
oh man...a desk with a flip up monitor and everything would be awesome....a perfect item for that desk would be the touch pad buttons....little metal plates that you just touch to turn is on or flip the monitor up....that would be awesome

[D]ark[A]cid
12-24-2005, 01:46 AM
That would be super cool, I've thought about that before. But if you wanted to do it half assed, you could get a laptop, cut a hole in the desk to fit the laptop glue that bit of wood cut out onto the top of the lappy, then add some bracing underneath the table. You could mount like drawer handle on the top of it to make it look innocent or find another way to lift it up while disguising it.

But if you wanted to do it properly, you could easily hide the actual system in the bottom drawer, cut out a strip of the table as wide and thin as the LCD, then hinge it and use linear actuators to make it come up. then when it comes up it will open the wood flap itself. Keyboard could just be on one of those keyboard trays and a servo or actuator could be used to make it pop out. As for the mouse you could have like a little ornamental ox on the table and make the front of it flip open, then voila hidden computer!!

Xato
12-24-2005, 06:46 AM
A desk like Zorg's on the Fifth Element would be cool. With some wierd alien pet and all!

Durrthock
12-24-2005, 11:20 AM
no no half assedment im talking triple monitors dusgised just wood where you press secrete switches where they pop up and a keyboard that pops up out of the desk 7.1 surround dusgised in the chair and desk and lights and stuff all contoled a touch pad finger print scanner all intergrated ooh and mabie for the key board and you flip a switch and theres a peice of glass that slides away and the keyboard is lifited up that would be awesome
mabie crimson sky could do this caold he is the head modder and knows servos and stuff

enirqueeeee
02-04-2006, 02:13 PM
you guys should check out the 19" stuff there is for servers with keyboards and stuff if you could use the stuff they use are copy what they use :P

snickells
02-04-2006, 06:19 PM
That would be the worst desk to work on, so cold! And you'd be forever cleaning finger prints off it! lol