PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Q9m issue

Zephik
02-11-2009, 10:01 PM
http://www.soundintentions.com/graphics/sound-icon.gif

The problem I am having with my moto q9m is in the top bar with all the icons, the speaker symbol is showing an X instead of "sound waves". I'm guessing its on mute. But here is the thing, its NOT. Its driving me retardedly insane that I can't figure this out after half an hour on google searching everything I can think of. I can't even find a freaking icon glossary to tell me what that symbol means.

The volume isn't on mute because you hold down the side scroll wheel until the speaker volume displays, then you adjust the volume accordingly. Mine is on and turned up all the way. I've checked all the types of alert sounds and none of them are off or on mute. But none of the sounds are working, even when I turn my phone on and off. But when I play a movie, the sound works just fine.

What the hell is going on??? :?

nevermind1534
02-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Silent mode? I don't know what the problem is. try holding down * or # for a few seconds. One is probably voicemail or something, the other should be vibrate.

Zephik
02-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Nope, neither of those did anything except bring up a contact search because its a keyboard. To use * or # you have to press the FN key, which in this case, doesn't do anything. It will type in either * or # on the screen, but the phone still searches for contacts that start with A (*) or G (#).

This is the image that is showing up next to the battery sign, signal sign, etc etc.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1720/xxxxxgz3.png

Zephik
02-12-2009, 02:01 AM
Man I hate kids LOL I give it to my brother for two seconds and he fixes it. Apparently all I needed to do was hold down the home key.:rolleyes:

nevermind1534
02-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Man I hate kids LOL I give it to my brother for two seconds and he fixes it. Apparently all I needed to do was hold down the home key.:rolleyes:

I was right about holding down a key. Something similar happened with my mom's phone once, nobody could fix it. My grandmother got it working right away.

Luke122
02-12-2009, 09:16 PM
It was just in a silent profile right?

nevermind1534
02-12-2009, 09:23 PM
I guess it was.