PDA

View Full Version : For all your comp needs...

richmandudeus
12-21-2005, 11:32 AM
So i noticed that a bunch of people don't have the luxory of having a computer hardware store let alone a hardware store down the block from them. So i'm gonna help all of you out and be the middle man. Fry's electronics is basically a large warehouse full of computer stuff... from building your own circuit boards to kitchen and home appliances. They are not unlimited but they do have most of everything in that sense. If there is anything that anyone needs (other than a refrigerator or a 60" plasma tv) then I would be more than happy to help out. Their stuff is pretty damn cheap as well with deals going all the time. Since i don't know how currency and shipping works overseas, it'll have to be in the u.s. for right now. I hope this doesn't break any retail laws but i wanna help my fellow modding bretheren in the persuit of moddum and all that is modly ... (:?huh:?) Please make your requests as detailed as possible (but don't overdo it.... model, make would be just as good) and if you don't exactly know what you need or what it's called, then explain it to me and i'll see if i can find what you are looking for.

Good luck and happy modding!!! :)

MrSlacker
12-21-2005, 07:36 PM
And why cant we just buy it online at places like newegg or zipzoomfly?

Zeus
12-21-2005, 08:10 PM
because we all know that newegg and zipzoomfly do not have the most exhaustive of inventories. There have been numerous items that I have only been able to find at my local Fry's.

Aero
12-21-2005, 10:41 PM
newegg and other sites are great but somethings like circuit components can't be bought through them.

OvRiDe
12-22-2005, 03:36 AM
You da man.. How were you planning on accepting payments.. Paypal?

richmandudeus
12-22-2005, 01:08 PM
yup... paypal. Well the way i see it working is that people make a request for what they want, i'll go over there and see what they have and for how much (and if there is a deal going), give the person a list of what they have with prices, pick it out and pay for it, and it is shipped. If i for some reason i can't get it out to yah, the money is forwarded back via paypal. If i could do COD's (cash on delivery), i would but i don't have that kinda money to buy stuff ahead of time. Maybe for smaller items i could though, i'll have to look into it.

On another note, i don't want to use the forums or this site (if they don't allow me to) as sort of a side deal so i'm working on arrangements for this as soon as possible. Don't wanna disrespect TBCS in any way.

public_eyesore
12-22-2005, 07:42 PM
im pretty sure everyone knows of fry's.

abnoea
12-23-2005, 02:31 PM
im pretty sure everyone knows of fry's.
nope.... not i.... nebraska SUCKS

adreamtraveler
12-23-2005, 07:04 PM
nope.... not i.... nebraska SUCKS

LOLOL sorry that just made me laugh quite a bit... :p ..simple and to the point hehee

toast07
01-15-2006, 09:06 PM
does fry's have a web site?

they should i hear that place is gigantimo

richmandudeus
01-15-2006, 11:19 PM
they do but it doesn't even list half of what they have. it's outpost.com

Varock
01-16-2006, 04:33 AM
Yeah... they do. http://www.outpost.com. The pricing on the web is usually the same as the stores, but I was able to get a cheaper price on the web for my ATI 9800 last year.

Jetty_200
02-06-2006, 08:34 PM
so like that's super great and all but uhh...I was curious as to if anyone from this site is from T.O....umm that means toronto for anyone who doesn't know....and that's in ontario...just incase, you never know :S so if anyone knows any good places around here that would be cool...thanks

Tableleg
02-17-2006, 11:31 AM
Yea, www.outpost.com