PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Plate

onceover
12-21-2005, 11:31 PM
well. me and my friend got to work on a case made of diamond plate...

heres my page, with crappy step-by-step pictures.

http://www.newage-tech.net/index.php?id=mods/diamond

http://www.newage-tech.net/mods/diamond_files/pics%205848.jpg

edit: after looking over some of your guys' mods, i feel like crap :P

Crimson13
12-21-2005, 11:57 PM
Hey we all have to start somewhere and it looks good nice bends and cuts too.
Keep it up!

onceover
12-22-2005, 12:02 AM
thanks. i dont have too many tools at hand, or nor am i very creative :P

ill be cutting a window soon, and im thinking of redoing the front, as the sides dont fit too nicley because the front is too narrow, anf the dvd-rom would look better with a smaller hole.

wingman358
12-22-2005, 12:22 AM
I think it looks pretty nice with the diamond plate and the black frame.

Xato
12-22-2005, 05:41 AM
Ya, its definately a good starting block, but i'd love to see you keep adding to it.

Rankenphile
12-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Actually, I really like it. I'd love to see a stealthed drive, or even a slot-loading drive, cut in, to match the LED strip on the bottom front, but I think that it looks awesome without much other frills. The simplicity of it is what does it - the whole flawless side there, without the window, looks awesome, IMHO.

Nice work.

Nawl
12-22-2005, 02:43 PM
It looks very good but does it really only have one cd-drive?
It looks a kind of empty without the window...

Nice work anyway ! Nawl

Overconfidence
12-22-2005, 03:26 PM
I don't really like the material, but awesome work nonetheless.

public_eyesore
12-22-2005, 05:13 PM
i thought about doing an industrial type mod with that stuff, but its too expensive and too heavy. Nice job by the way, very clean.

onceover
12-22-2005, 07:16 PM
i thought about doing an industrial type mod with that stuff, but its too expensive and too heavy. Nice job by the way, very clean.

its 1/16" aluminum, so its actually lighter that my old case :) and the 4x8' sheet only cost $120 cad

i was going for simplicity from the beginning, and it seemed to work out :)

only thing i wish i had done was put the crdom coming out the top, i think it would have looked nice.

i think the case window should look pretty nice, and im going to use mesh to fill the hole rather than plexi. it should look pretty cool once lit up :)

edit: yes, it does only have one cd-drive. that all i need :)

adreamtraveler
12-23-2005, 07:46 PM
damn man that's just plain slick!....i like that...nice and clean...you have only 1 optical drive cause that's all you need and you made the mod like that too....it's all that you need....nice and clean...great job!

Aero
02-18-2006, 04:16 PM
whoa how did I miss this! Very nice mod.

I LOVE DIAMOND PLATE! Only problem is its expensive which is why I don' use it. I love the mod though. Very nice.