PDA

View Full Version : Help with iPhone plz.

J-Roc
02-22-2009, 07:41 AM
Well i just got an iPhone from a buddy of mine who could no longer afford the huge bill. I swaped SIM cards and now its mine. I wrote down his contacts and notes and such. Now i want to put on wallpapers that i've downloaded but i cant figure out the instruction (http://iphone-wallpapers.us/directions/) to do so. I have iTunes but there is no "Photo's" tab anywhere. I also downloaded PS Elements 7.0 and that wasn't any easier and lead nowhere.

I basically want to reset and wipe the phone clean but keep all the apps and games on it. He said he had spent about $400 on games and apps so i don't want to have to pay for them again.

Any help is appreciated.

Luke122
02-22-2009, 02:10 PM
I dont have an iPhone but my brother does.. I can ask him about that if you want. Shoot me a PM with your email, and I can put you in touch with him. :)

Zephik
02-22-2009, 04:37 PM
You should be able to install iTunes and then when you plug in the device it should Sync with your library and create backups of all of your stuff on the iPod, including Apps, onto your computer (So if you do a reset or something you won't have to pay for all your stuff again). Thats what my iPod Touch does anyways. If it doesn't do that, then maybe you can check the settings in iTunes or something.

The only problem that I can foresee is that your computer won't recognize the iPod as yours, and therefore not backup the data. But your friend should have all the data on his computer, so maybe there is a way to copy it over or something if this problem occurs.

billygoat333
02-23-2009, 09:33 AM
http://www.iphonehacks.com/

maybe this site will help ya... :)

J-Roc
02-25-2009, 01:52 AM
Well, i've got myself into a pickle. I backed up the phone and reset it to factory settings. Changed my info and whatnot, now i cant make an itunes account. it wont accept either of my moms credit cards, keeps saying the 3-digit security code is invalid when its not. So i said to hell with it and tried to back up the phone to my friends settings. Now that i have changed the owners name on the phone i can no longer back up with his info.

Apparently lots of other people are having problems with the security code. I read on the apple site that there is a way to make an account without a credit card. I guess this is for americans only because the options just aren't there when i do it.

Can an american check itunes and report back if there is a payment method for "paypal" or "none". I might have to get someone to make me a free account.

This is such a headache because apple doesnt let me download anything without an account. Even the free apps.

F#@% Y@# Apple!!!

nevermind1534
02-25-2009, 02:17 AM
I would, but I really don't feel like downloading and installing itunes on my computer.

SXRguyinMA
02-25-2009, 09:29 AM
he's right, in iTunes tehres a tab that says photos when you click on your phone on the left side. Then you choose what photos you want :up:

I had a bitch of a time with iTunes, when I had to reformat my HDD, all my purchases were gone and I'm not paying for them again, and I can't find where/how apple stores them so I cant back them up :think:

Bopher
02-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Everything bought should be on record at apple in your account. My wife killed her desktop and I was able to move most of the files to the server, but anything I missed was on the iTunes store.

Zephik
02-25-2009, 03:09 PM
and I can't find where/how apple stores them so I cant back them up :think:

Its usually under My Documents > My Music > iTunes. Although mine only has my apps and not my music now. :think:

Luke122
02-25-2009, 04:27 PM
I would just contact Apple support directly and ask them to help you out. They'll be able to walk you through this and answer any questions for you.

If I'm not mistaken, when you change owner on a device, the previously purchased apps/music are tied to the user account, so you would lose access to them. At least that's what happened when I got an iPod touch from a friend; he had it full of music and apps, and when I tried to sync to my PC, it wanted the itunes account info because it was a different PC. I had to setup my own, then I lost all his apps. :(

SgtM
02-26-2009, 01:36 AM
Jailbreak it. /thread

SXRguyinMA
02-26-2009, 08:31 AM
:stupid: did mine