PDA

View Full Version : BF2: The Mod Squad

Rankenphile
12-23-2005, 12:49 PM
Since I see a lot of us are playing BF2, why don't we play together one of these days? Heh.

I don't know how many of you guys run Xfire, but look me up, my name is rankenphile (surprise, surprise!). I'm getting the expansion this week - if I don't get it for christmas, I'm buying it the day after.

What do ya think? Everyone want to get together on the day after Christmas for a few rounds?

Durrthock
12-23-2005, 03:36 PM
Shure I will I am probabily getting te expantion also. An btw do you know what ping mean and how to keep it low?
?

Rankenphile
12-23-2005, 04:11 PM
Ping is your latency, or how long it takes for a tiny message, or "ping" to travel from your system to the server and back, in milliseconds (MS). The lower the ping, the faster your response to actions happening on the server.

The only way to keep it low is to optimize your connection - shut down any extaneous programs, especially software firewalls, when playing. Use a hard-line to your connection instead of a wireless connection. Don't use a router if you can avoid it. Have a darn fast internet connection. And connect to a fast server, preferably one nearby.

Unfortunately, many measures to decrease ping also decrease internet security, so keep that in mind when you take them.

adreamtraveler
12-23-2005, 08:40 PM
that would be awesome!!! i would love to get in on that action!!!....but i don't have BF2 :( doh....take screen shots!! lol :p

public_eyesore
12-24-2005, 12:57 PM
if i get xp for Christmas, ill join.

wingman358
12-24-2005, 04:14 PM
I'd love to do this!

thephreak99
12-24-2005, 04:57 PM
Ill ad you tomorrow. Along time since I've played BF2.

Anyone here that plays CS:S?

Me at x-fire: thephreak99 Add me! :)

BravoNijN
12-26-2005, 07:13 PM
if i got the time i will see

and about that ping

{PING} Packet InterNet Groper, ping is a utility used to verify if a network data packet is capable of being distributed to an address without errors. The ping utility is commonly used to check for network errors.
In computer gaming a ping also known as a high or low ping is a measurement of how fast of connection to the game server the player has. For example, a player with a 50 ping is more than likely going to have a much easier and better game then a player with a 250 ping.

abnoea
12-27-2005, 02:32 AM
dang... looks like im a bit late.... i dont have the expansion but id still love to play with you people.... my names abnoea (=O)

Ascoates
12-27-2005, 06:47 AM
hmmm I dont have BF2(YET) but i do play Medal of Honour Spearhead and have started playing CS:S.

I cant remember my Xfire ID :s but as soon as i can ill edit my post and put it up...

public_eyesore
12-27-2005, 02:54 PM
just got bf2 up and running and my xfire username is emochild626

wingman358
12-27-2005, 03:03 PM
my xfire name is... wingman358. surprised?

Rankenphile
12-28-2005, 02:00 PM
well, let's just add each other and try to get a few games going. Since we BS with each other all the time about comps and gaming, might as well play em together, eh?

public_eyesore
12-29-2005, 08:42 PM
w00t, i jsut got bf2:sf today, and its awesome, but the AI (im sure its just me) seem extra stupid even on high.

public_eyesore
01-05-2006, 08:43 PM
dang... looks like im a bit late.... i dont have the expansion but id still love to play with you people.... my names abnoea (=O)

played with you today, and didnt even occur that you were from tbcs, i thought you were trying to taunt me or somthing, when you called my name lol

Crimson13
01-05-2006, 10:24 PM
just got the game love it also play UT2004 and CSS xfire is kc9fjb add me and i'll add you.

s10man69
01-06-2006, 03:42 AM
If anybody plays BF2 or CS:S on the East Coast and sees BrinNutz on, that's me...What servers for each do you guy's play on, with IP's would be nice..Don't have xfire...

Rankenphile
01-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Then go get Xfire! :p

Heh. You know the sad thing? I've got BF2 and Special Forces, but I haven't even booted it up since November. I've been having so much fun with Civ4, Trackmania Sunrise and WoW that I just don't have it in me to get into BF2 right now.

Now I just need to get back to work on my mod... I'm planning on getting some stuff done Saturday, if I can avoid the Siren's Song of my computer, taunting me with those sweet, sweet games loaded on it.