PDA

View Full Version : Project: imagegarage

Zac
02-27-2009, 07:04 AM
I'm fairly sure this would be considered a 'Misc Project'. Anyway, a few weeks ago I started messing around with a php upload script, and I kept adding to it for about a week, changing things like file size limit, file type limit and what not. Then I got a great idea to buy a domain and hosting for my script. Done a bit more tweaking to the look of it, and www.imagegarage.net is the outcome, a functional image hosting site similar to www.imageshack.us

My plan for it is just keep it on the hosting its on now, and if it some how magically takes off, I'd rent a virtual server or something.

Anyway, what do you all think? Anything I should improve on or change?

Thanks, Zac.

billygoat333
02-27-2009, 08:30 AM
i like how clean the site looks. very crisp. You should add google ads to your page instead of "your ad here" its free and they do all the work for you. :P (at least until you are big enough to get your own ads, maybe it will keep your site afloat until then :P )

XcOM
02-27-2009, 12:27 PM
looks sweet dude, very simple and clean, just how image shack started

jdbnsn
02-27-2009, 02:49 PM
I agree, the simplicity really works in your favor. Hell, it looks like google (which seems to have worked out pretty well for them).

OvRiDe
02-27-2009, 02:59 PM
But where are the slideshows, flash widgets, other members random photos encroaching on the page!?!?! Oh wait... Thats what I hate about the others.. :D

Looks good! Nice and SIMPLE!!!

Zephik
02-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Awesome! Very clean and simple. :up:

Zac
03-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the comments :D

I went with the simple design because in my opinion having a really complicated design for something that doesn't need it just adds unnecessary load times and makes it harder for the user to figure out.

It also might be worth noting that I host a modding site for Dont-Fear, not sure if he has finished it or not.

Computer-Geek
03-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Very nice site its plain and simple!!

SXRguyinMA
04-15-2009, 11:19 AM
403 forbidden

LiTHiUM0XiD3
04-19-2009, 04:28 AM
403 aswell.... especialy dissapointed.... i havent had a pop up made to look like a msn notification telling me some hot chick nearby wants to blank my blank! lolz

Zac
05-15-2009, 05:03 AM
Yes, unfortunately I didn't continue to pay for hosting after the first month was up. So the hosting got canceled, although I do still own the domain and I am considering re opening it.

Although, if anyone knows... it would be helpful. Is there a way I can just restore my old hosting? So everything is as it was before?