PDA

View Full Version : Is there any reason I can not power monitor from pc power supply ?

grahamdvddvddvd
03-01-2009, 08:25 AM
If I upgrade my pc power supply from the 160 watt one fitted to a 300 watt, could i also power the lcd monitor which is rated at 45 watt ? I want it all in one box, wall mounted with the screen fitted to the front of the box ? thanks

jdbnsn
03-01-2009, 12:05 PM
You might be able to do that, but I'd be sure your output is set to match the monitor's input whatever it is.

si-skyline
03-05-2009, 07:11 AM
I know that on some power supplys had a "kettle lead" aka the three pront plug on a standard power supply. but then had a inverted socket on the power supply too what let you take a differant power lead from the power unit to the monitor.

they were really useful because it cut down on a plug and also turned the monitor on and off with the computer.

that i would say was a safer option then messing around with power supplys as they can HOLD A HIGH ELECTRICAL CHARGE for long periods of time. i am unsure what the option is called or even if they still make power supplys like that

grahamdvddvddvd
03-05-2009, 10:47 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110356989201&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=001#ebayphotohosting this is the new power supply