PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye Circuit City

progbuddy
03-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Ryoken and I stayed up at my dad's place a few weeks ago. We went to Concord Mills near Charlotte and lo' and behold, there was Circuit City. They were having a "going out of business" sale. The whole place looked like Armageddon had swept the store void of anything. It was rediculous. All they had were some subwoofers, cheapy cameras, and old video games half off. The thing was, it was STILL expensive! My eyes watered at the prices.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m29/vashthstampede98/PIC-0446.jpg

It looks kinda creepy like a murder had taken place there or something (note the yellow CAUTION tape). I love it when a store tries to rip people off, even in the end. I got better deals at FYE, which was pretty funny.

xRyokenx
03-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Their cameras were like 15% off... and that's nothing off their crappy prices. Even in going bankrupt they still wanted to gain as much profit as possible. It was ridiculous.

CodyOdiOdi
03-11-2009, 01:33 PM
I bought a camera from them. 10.2 MP Samsung, figured why not I paid $150 for the camera and a 4gb SD card. Should have ordered the card from Newegg but didn't feel like waiting for shipping.

Omega
03-11-2009, 02:51 PM
It's no secret that stores which are going out of business raise their prices before their big sale, then claim massive savings after it.

The signs claiming 15-80% off are just a way to try and lure people in who THINK they're getting a good deal and oh boy, it works. haha.

TheGreatSatan
03-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Someone told me they got MS office for $10!

nevermind1534
03-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Ryoken and I stayed up at my dad's place a few weeks ago. We went to Concord Mills near Charlotte and lo' and behold, there was Circuit City. They were having a "going out of business" sale. The whole place looked like Armageddon had swept the store void of anything. It was rediculous. All they had were some subwoofers, cheapy cameras, and old video games half off. The thing was, it was STILL expensive! My eyes watered at the prices.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m29/vashthstampede98/PIC-0446.jpg

It looks kinda creepy like a murder had taken place there or something (note the yellow CAUTION tape). I love it when a store tries to rip people off, even in the end. I got better deals at FYE, which was pretty funny.

Almost exactly the same thing at my local office depot. Complete with caution tape.

Drum Thumper
03-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Someone told me they got MS office for $10!

Pics or it didn't happen.

At least not here, I've heard you can pick up MS Office in China for that price. Damn bootleggers.