PDA

View Full Version : The Official TBCS TGIMBOEJ Thread.... Sign up here.

Oneslowz28
03-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Q. What is it?

A. A Tgimboej is a USPS flat rate box full of electronic stuffs that you can not bring your self to throw away but also might not use in the near future. It is a way to share components, and other electronics stuff with friends and members of the community who you otherwise may not get a chance to interact with. It is also a great way to get cool components and other electronic stuffs that you might find useful where as the person who put it in the box had no use for. I mean I have a junk box full of electronic components both used and unused and all kinds of other goodies and I am sure others on here do to.

The official site. (http://tgimboej.org)

US to US flat rate prices:
Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB1) US to US $10.35 Size 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"
Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB2) US to US $10.35 Size 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"
Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box (Domestic Addresses) US to US $13.95 Size 12-1/4" x 12-1/4" x 6"

I will be keeping up with the list and adding names to it every day. In the event I forget to add you then please send me a PM.

The rules.
Recipient Conditions for The Great Internet Migratory Box Of Electronics Junk:

Take out and add as much electronics junk as you like (but keep it small enough to fit in a USPS flat-rate Priority Mail box or the equivalent for your postal system).
Write up, photograph, document or otherwise publish in some way online at least one thing you took out (suggested flickr tag: TGIMBOEJ, see also: flickr group ). ****I Use my blog http://cjganttphotography.com/blog****
There is a little book in the box. Write something memorable or just sign your name to the book. When the book is full someone will add another and we will send the completed book to Paul.
Within two weeks pass the box along to the next person on the list. Before mailing it to them, send them the name list in a pm and make sure that they want to participate. Also remember to get their shipping addy.
Make sure you can afford the $8-12 it takes to mail the box out. It sucks to get one of these started and then lose it because someone bit off more than they can chew.
This is going to be limited to TCBS Members who have 100+ post and a rep of at least 2 green boxes. (its not hard to get 100 post.) Not meaning to offend anyone but this will help deter dead beats who will get the box and disappear.
Make sure to document the box and what you took and what you added. This only takes a few photos and a few minutes to do. Post the documents in either your own thread or in this one.
To be fair to others lets insure that the box makes it around the list before going to the same person twice.
Any member who has been inactive for more than 3 weeks at the time of their turn and can not be contacted via PM will be skipped on the list.
The recipient of the box is responsible for all shipping charges that occur for shipping the box to the next person.
Small parts such as screws, leds, components, etc should be placed in a zip-lock bag.
No highly flammable materials. No lighters / matches, or Weapons.
AMENDMENT: Members of TBCS wishing to get on the list and do not meet the post and reputation requirements (100 Post and at least of 2 green rep boxes) will have their names placed in red. This will save their spot on the list, but they will still have to have met the requirements by the time it is their turn. If they have not met the requirements by their turn they will be moved to the bottom of the list.

AMENDMENT #2:After some discussion between the staff we would like to ask that you do not include knives or any type of weapon in the box. This includes razor blades, pocketknives and any chemical or device that could go BOOM. If there is anything in the current box we ask that who ever has it please remove those devices.

More info on other Tgimboej's that are circulating around the world can be found here. http://tgimboej.org

EDIT: Canada is also allowed. Although it is expensive.

Flatrate boxes can now be shipped to Canada.

The same lineup of Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes also can be used for international shipping. U.S. customers can ship to their fellow fans in Canada or Mexico at flat rates starting at $10.95. For more international prices and additional information about Priority Mail flat-rate shipping, customers can go to: usps.com/shipping/prioritymail.htm.

All Priority Mail flat-rate packaging is free of charge, eco-friendly and can be picked up at Post Offices nationwide or ordered online at usps.com.

Flat rate from US to Canada or other countries Prices:
Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB-1) (up to 20 pounds) Canada $25.95 Other Countries $41.95 Size 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"
Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB-2) (up to 20 pounds) Canada $25.95 Other Countries$41.95 Size13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"
Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box (up to 20 pounds) Canada $32.95 Other Countries $53.95 Size12-1/4" x 12-1/4" x 6"

Oneslowz28
03-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Box Status: Someone set up Chaksq the bomb!

The List
Note: Names listed in Bold RED have not yet reached the qualifications.
Names in Bold GREEN have already received the box.

DrumThumper [USA]
Buzzkillington [USA]
Oneslowz28 [USA]
Nevermind1534 [USA]
blueonblack [USA]
chaksq [USA]
The Black Pumpkin [USA]
Karbon Killa [USA]
knowledgegranted [Unknown]
985323 [Canada]
Luke122 [Canada]
Airbozo [USA]
DrumThumper [USA]
d_stilgar [USA]
billygoat333 [USA]
lithiumoxid3 [Canada]
blaze15301 [USA]

The Black Pumpkin
03-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Sign me up! Got quite a lot of stuff I could add.

Drum Thumper
03-16-2009, 10:50 PM
I like this idea. Sign me up as well.

03-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Sign me up

Luke122
03-16-2009, 11:52 PM
OMG.. this could be the answer to my huge pile of stuff!

Oneslowz28
03-16-2009, 11:57 PM
Canada has been added to the USPS flat rate delivery zones. Not sure if its a higher fee but I will look into it.

Added 985323 and Luke122

Oneslowz28
03-16-2009, 11:59 PM
Added myself to #6 so I can get a chance to grab some cool stuff from the box and add more.

Oneslowz28
03-17-2009, 05:56 AM
I will pick up a flat rate box today and begin filling it with goodies. It will take me a few days to put everything in it as my grandmother will be going into the hospital tomorrow for some major back surgery and I will be spending the next 3 days at the hospital only coming home to sleep. But I should be sending it to Nevermind in a week or so.

nevermind1534
03-17-2009, 01:27 PM
I was thinking maybe circulate it around the US, then Canada, then Europe, then Australia (or asia), and keep it going. Do one country/continent at a time to save on shipping and everybody still gets it.

And you got my username wrong.

TheGreatSatan
03-17-2009, 02:10 PM
I give all my extra stuff away in contests

XcOM
03-17-2009, 03:04 PM
looks cool, shame im in the uk,

I currently need an old socketA mobo that can accept an athlon 2600+, i have everything else, just need the mobo.

nevermind1534
03-17-2009, 03:21 PM
looks cool, shame im in the uk,

I currently need an old socketA mobo that can accept an athlon 2600+, i have everything else, just need the mobo.

Wanna buy one from me?

Shipping to other countries should be cheaper with First Class international if it doesn't weigh too much.

TheGreatSatan
03-17-2009, 04:15 PM

I may have one. Pay shipping and it's yours. Let me look first

blueonblack
03-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Ok, I'm in, put me on the list, I could stand to do some cleaning here. :)

666 post count.... Ooooooooo.... Call it a tribute to TGS. :bowdown:

chaksq
03-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Add me to the list! I know I have some random stuff, this is a great idea. We can always cycle around more and more.

Oneslowz28
03-17-2009, 08:35 PM
All people above this post have been added to the list.

I like the Idea of passing it around the states then to Canada then to the rest of the world but that will take an awful long time to get around to everyone. Maybe once the box has been to so many people in the us (8-10 maybe) we send it off to Canada or Europe and start another one here in the states. When it reaches a number of people we send it off and repeat the process. If anyone has any better ideas please post them.

nevermind1534
03-17-2009, 09:01 PM
All people above this post have been added to the list.

I like the Idea of passing it around the states then to Canada then to the rest of the world but that will take an awful long time to get around to everyone. Maybe once the box has been to so many people in the us (8-10 maybe) we send it off to Canada or Europe and start another one here in the states. When it reaches a number of people we send it off and repeat the process. If anyone has any better ideas please post them.

Sounds good. I might be able to start a second one. When are you going to be sending the first box?

Oneslowz28
03-17-2009, 09:14 PM
I have to be at the hospital at 6am tomorrow with my grandmothers. I will be up there on and off for the next 3 days while she has and recovers from back surgery. I have a wedding to photograph saturday and its 3 hours away. Sunday I have a baseball game and a softball game to photograph. So I should get it out by the middle of next week. I have a few more boxes to go through to add stuff to our traveling box.

nevermind1534
03-17-2009, 09:35 PM
I have to be at the hospital at 6am tomorrow with my grandmothers. I will be up there on and off for the next 3 days while she has and recovers from back surgery. I have a wedding to photograph saturday and its 3 hours away. Sunday I have a baseball game and a softball game to photograph. So I should get it out by the middle of next week. I have a few more boxes to go through to add stuff to our traveling box.

Fine with me

chaksq
03-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Hmm, I was hoping to see the box get shipped around the country a few times so I could get it a few times and see stuff I put in get taken. Also it might be more financially reasonable if loops were started in other countries. I say US/Canada, Europe, AU each get a box cycling around.

Karbon Killa
03-19-2009, 01:57 AM
Add me to the list. I've got a heap of mobos and cables etc.

Oneslowz28
03-19-2009, 03:39 AM
Add me to the list. I've got a heap of mobos and cables etc. Got a socket 754 mobo?

nevermind1534
03-21-2009, 03:41 PM
I guess I can also be number nine on the list.

Karbon Killa
03-21-2009, 11:58 PM
@ Oneslowz28:

I actually think I might. haha. Don't know if it works, but I'm pretty sure I got one down in the garage somewhere.

knowledgegranted
03-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Please add me, maybe I can get rid of this crap.

Oneslowz28
03-23-2009, 05:10 PM
I amended the rules to be more fair to every one. Please take a moment to re read them.

nevermind1534
03-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Please read the rules. I don't want to sound like a bad guy but rules are rules.

By the time we get there on the list, he should have 100 posts

Oneslowz28
03-23-2009, 05:33 PM
I thought about that right after I posted. That's why I amended the rules.

The Black Pumpkin
03-25-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm cool with waiting, but I don't know what help I can be in order to get the rep required. :think:

Must post more helpful things!

Drum Thumper
03-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Black Pumpkin has been a member here since 2006. That's three years. We haven't scared him off yet, so I'm thinking that he's legit.

Edit: He has now met the requirements, so I modified his name on the list.

Oneslowz28
03-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Sorry for the delay guys. I am going to get this box out soon. My finances took a big hit this week. I have a wedding party that is stiffing me on my bill.

Oneslowz28
04-22-2009, 04:56 PM
I was asked by nevermind to please hold off on sending the box to him. I have sent a PM to DrumThumper asking for his mailing address. As soon as I get it the box will be mailed to him. Nevermind will be moved down the list to accommodate his wishes. I added him right below my name because I still have a valid shipping label for his address.

Xpirate
04-26-2009, 07:24 AM
Would anything be discouraged to put into the box? Like obsolete ISA sound cards, parallel ATA ribbon cables, or power supply cables? Ribbon cable comes with every motherboard and every hard drive. Power supplies always come with a power cord.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would hate to be the dude who gets a box full of ribbon cable.

Drum Thumper
04-26-2009, 11:03 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I would hate to be the dude who gets a box full of ribbon cable.

Good question. I personally wouldn't mind it too much, because it is cable after all and can be used for other applications...

Xpirate
04-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Good question. I personally wouldn't mind it too much, because it is cable after all and can be used for other applications...

Yeah, I used my one of mine from the vast repository of them I have for this:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w28/codexpirate/reflector_ribbon_cable.jpg

It is a reflector for that coat hanger loop antenna. It helps boost the signal of a couple of channels from 80% to 98%. My wife wants me to fork over the cash for a real outdoor antenna and stop this foolishness. But I have been fascinated with getting better signal strength for free ever since I seen someone on the internet build his own HDTV antenna out of coat hanger.

Oneslowz28
04-27-2009, 03:57 AM
I say that if the box has some in it then leave yours out of it. Obsolete sound cards that will never be used again are just trash though and I doubt that anyone would want them. My rule for adding things is to add things I think people can use.

Oneslowz28
05-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Apologies to DT for the box not being there yet. I got it back yesterday from USPS due to severe damage. I will take a photo of the box later. The letter that came with it said that it got stuck in a malfunctioning machine and some of the contents were lost. They asked me to check the contents and if anything is missing to let them know and I will be reimbursed for the lost contents. Only things missing are the mini screw driver and a laser pointer. So I am just going to put it all into a new box and ship it back out to DT.

nevermind1534
05-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Apologies to DT for the box not being there yet. I got it back yesterday from USPS due to severe damage. I will take a photo of the box later. The letter that came with it said that it got stuck in a malfunctioning machine and some of the contents were lost. They asked me to check the contents and if anything is missing to let them know and I will be reimbursed for the lost contents. Only things missing are the mini screw driver and a laser pointer. So I am just going to put it all into a new box and ship it back out to DT.

Cool. Kinda. That kind of stuff [almost] never happens, so I guess it is, in a way.

Oneslowz28
05-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Ehh I dont know. USPS lost a 1500 wedding album/prints package I shipped 55 miles away last year.

nevermind1534
05-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Ehh I dont know. USPS lost a 1500 wedding album/prints package I shipped 55 miles away last year.

That's pretty bad. At least this was returned. It looks like you don't have much luck with USPS.

edit: and you never got my username right on the list.

Drum Thumper
05-10-2009, 11:17 AM

I do believe that when I ship it out, I will put insurance on it then.

No worries Oneslow, it'll get here.

nevermind1534
05-10-2009, 11:28 AM
I do believe that when I ship it out, I will put insurance on it then.

No worries Oneslow, it'll get here.

If it happened once, it probably won't happen again.

Airbozo
05-14-2009, 05:54 PM
Count me in!

Is there a limit on what we put in (so long as it fits in the box)? Do we HAVE to take something out? (my pile is big enough!)

nevermind1534
05-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Count me in!

Is there a limit on what we put in (so long as it fits in the box)? Do we HAVE to take something out? (my pile is big enough!)

There is a weight limit of 70 lb for domestic and 20lb for international, so be careful to not let it get that heavy.

And what about the pics of the damage?

Airbozo
05-15-2009, 10:14 AM
There is a weight limit of 70 lb for domestic and 20lb for international, so be careful to not let it get that heavy.

And what about the pics of the damage?

70lbs! Hmm... (wondering how to stuff a computer case into a usps box...)

nevermind1534
06-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Any word on the box yet?

Oneslowz28
06-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Sorry guys I forgot about this. I will get it out asap. Now I gotta find the box. I think I set it in my garage.

nevermind1534
06-03-2009, 11:02 PM
knowledgegranted and The Black Pumpkin now meet the requirements. And can you fix my name on the list?

Drum Thumper
06-05-2009, 12:20 AM
And can you fix my name on the list?

Nah. It's much easier for me to PM OvRiDe and have him change your screen name! :P

Oneslowz28
06-05-2009, 01:51 AM
ohhh change it to what? This could be fun... :p

06-27-2009, 02:39 AM
Has this been shipped out yet?

Drum Thumper
06-28-2009, 01:40 PM
I don't think so. If it has, then it's on its way to me.

BuzzKillington
06-30-2009, 01:42 AM
I don't think so. If it has, then it's on its way to me.

I figured everyone forgot about it haha. I have plenty of stuff waiting to be had.

Drum Thumper
07-01-2009, 01:17 AM
I figured everyone forgot about it haha. I have plenty of stuff waiting to be had.

In that case, start a box, send it to whoever is below you. Nothing wrong with having a couple going at once.

Edit: added Airbozo and myself (again) to the list. Lets just say curiosity has got the better of me, I wanna see what Terry is gonna add to the box!

chaksq
07-02-2009, 11:16 AM
In that case, start a box, send it to whoever is below you. Nothing wrong with having a couple going at once.

Edit: added Airbozo and myself (again) to the list. Lets just say curiosity has got the better of me, I wanna see what Terry is gonna add to the box!
I might just do that, I have a ton of stuff I don't need anymore and want rid of sooner than later.

Oneslowz28
07-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Nevermind said he would start it. I apologize again guys. I just have so much going on at once its hard to remember to grab the box on my way out.

nevermind1534
07-15-2009, 08:15 PM
It will be off to DrumThumper tomorrow. I'll leave the adding the notebook, documenting, and pictures to him.

The tracking number is 0103 8555 7497 5752 0728

If it gets to be too big, we could start using a large flat rate box.

Oneslowz28
07-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Did you remember to take pics and document the stuff?

nevermind1534
07-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Did you remember to take pics and document the stuff?

I know what I put in there; I can write it up, but I couldn't find my camera, so DrumThumper will need to do the pictures. He or somebody else after him will also have to add the notebook, because I didn't have one handy.

Oneslowz28
07-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Thats fine.

Drum Thumper
07-16-2009, 12:08 AM
Alright then, I'll keep my eyes out.

nevermind1534
07-16-2009, 12:52 AM
Alright then, I'll keep my eyes out.

You'll have it either monday or tuesday if they're not late.

Drum Thumper
07-20-2009, 09:09 PM
I have the package. However, there was a bit of damage. I'll post pictures later tonight.

Everything is intact. The box, on the other hand...

Gotta love the USPS.

Oneslowz28
07-20-2009, 09:28 PM
WOW its like Daeja-Vu USPS must not like TGIMBOEJ's very much.

Oneslowz28
07-20-2009, 09:29 PM
oh and now that this is going I would like to ask everyone to read the rules. We can forget about the notebook for now.

nevermind1534
07-20-2009, 10:00 PM
WOW its like Daeja-Vu USPS must not like TGIMBOEJ's very much.

I send and recieve packages through USPS all the time, and they're always ok.

I started a benheck.com TGIMBOEJ, around the time that you started this one, and we're still using the original box that I packed up. The way that it was packed, I was asking for trouble, too.

Maybe they just don't like TBCS or TBCS TGIMBOEJs.

Drum Thumper
07-21-2009, 12:26 AM
First off I lied. We have a casualty. Here are the pics:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/drumthumper5150/IMG_0012-5.jpg

That don't look good...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/drumthumper5150/IMG_0013-7.jpg

That explains a lot.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/drumthumper5150/IMG_0014-3.jpg

Sound Card: 0. Pump: 1.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/drumthumper5150/IMG_0014-3.jpg

That'll come in handy for someone.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/drumthumper5150/IMG_0016-2.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/drumthumper5150/IMG_0017-2.jpg
That thing is much larger than I thought it would be. Here's a comparison picture:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/drumthumper5150/IMG_0018-3.jpg

Gauge and Motorola Razr.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/drumthumper5150/IMG_0019-4.jpg

5 1/4" cover. I'm guessing from a Coolermaster?

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/drumthumper5150/IMG_0020-3.jpg

And the pump. I'm taking this out. Been wanting to get into watercooling, with a pump, I'll have no excuse not to!

nevermind1534
07-21-2009, 12:40 AM
Other than some bent pins, the sound card doesn't look too bad.

At least everything else got there ok. Glad to see that the sound card was the only casualty.

That thing is much larger than I thought it would be.

well, it came off of a boat. You have to be able to see it from a small distance.

Drum Thumper
07-21-2009, 01:21 AM
You can't really see in in the picture, but one of the caps is hanging on by one post. My soldering skills aren't that good.

Speaking of Caps, there's also a bag with two good sized caps in there as well. I'm guessing that they are currently uncharged?

Oneslowz28
07-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Sweet nice grab on the pump. If the sound card is still there when I get the box I will solder the caps back on and try to straighten the pins.

Drum Thumper
07-21-2009, 09:21 AM
Sweet nice grab on the pump. If the sound card is still there when I get the box I will solder the caps back on and try to straighten the pins.

In that case, I'll leave it in.

nevermind1534
07-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Speaking of Caps, there's also a bag with two good sized caps in there as well. I'm guessing that they are currently uncharged?

Yes, those are new caps, never used.

x88x
08-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Heheheh, that sound card gives me an idea. We should line the inside of the box with old PCBs. It would help to protect the contents, and have the added benefit of being awesome.

Sounds interesting. Add me to the list; next time I visit my parents' house (where most of my extra hardware is stored) I'll go ahead and start another box myself (well, if my cousin didn't clean everything out...I told him to take anything he wanted, we'll see what's left :P ). We could cover a lot more area a lot faster, and have a lot more inventory in the boxes, if we do a lot of them simultaneously. I've got an idea for a tracking application that could show all the boxes, where they are, contents, etc.... :think: hmmm, I've been trying to find a useful programming project..

Drum Thumper
08-15-2009, 03:08 AM
I'll get this mailed out sometime next week. In the process of moving into my new house.

nevermind1534
08-23-2009, 12:10 AM
Get it mailed out yet?

Drum Thumper
09-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Going out tomorrow. Buzz, I expect some pics of the swag. And if you grab what I put in (should be right on top) you better mod it!

d_stilgar
09-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Is it too late to sign up? I've got some really good junk.

Oneslowz28
09-12-2009, 01:33 PM
no its not. I will add you to the list tonight This is a running list btw. Signups never close and anyone who meets the requirements can join in at any time.

billygoat333
09-13-2009, 07:24 AM
I should probably get added to the list as well, I have some junk that needs cleaned up! :)

Oneslowz28
09-13-2009, 12:33 PM
done and done

Drum Thumper
09-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Buzz, did you get it yet?

BuzzKillington
09-19-2009, 07:50 PM
No sir. It may be at my PO Box. My mail gets forwarded to my PO box ever since I found a stash of medical bills my mom decided to keep from me and almost let go into collections. Some packages bypass the box though and come to the house. I'll keep an eye out for delivery trucks and I'll check my box tonight.

I literally just put my "toy box" in the attic last week! haha

slaveofconvention
09-19-2009, 08:45 PM
LOL - just reading back through this thread a little - this is supposed to be a way to share USEFUL things you don't really need, not a way to dump all of your junk people!!!! :P I'm almost glad I'm geographically disqualified heh - gawd know's what'd turn up at my door, and I don't even want to THINK about what my wife would sneak into the box when it came time to send it forward !!!

BuzzKillington
09-21-2009, 10:08 PM
No ringing of the doorbell today and my box was still empty.

x88x
09-21-2009, 10:24 PM
So anyone interested in running multiple boxes at once? I've got enough stuff to start a box, now that I've cleared my stuff out of my parents garage :P

Drum Thumper
09-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Odd. I'm not at home so I don't know if it was returned, and furthermore, I do not think that I have the receipt with me. I did get $100 insurance on it, so if it is truly lost, I will place a claim on it.

And x88x, I see no problem at all with multiple boxes. Since Oneslow started this thing a rollin, I will leave it up to him as to how though.

Oneslowz28
09-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Its up to you guys. 2 boxes would be great.

x88x
09-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Ok, cool. Get me a name/address and I'll fill it and send it off.

nevermind1534
09-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Ok, cool. Get me a name/address and I'll fill it and send it off.

And if you're willing to, you might want to print the label online, so you get the discount and free delivery confirmation.

I'd say that you can go ahead and start the thread for box number 2. You can also add me to the list.

Oneslowz28
09-22-2009, 09:10 PM
How about we work the 2nd box from the bottom of the list and work up it? Its up to you.

nevermind1534
09-22-2009, 09:12 PM
How about we work the 2nd box from the bottom of the list and work up it? Its up to you.

What about a second list, giving people signed up for box number one, who are at the end of the list, highest priority?

x88x
09-22-2009, 09:55 PM
I think I'll just start at the bottom; that'll make things simpler..until someone else signs up...hmmm...gimme a few beers...minutes, I mean minutes :whistler: .. to think about it. Is the list in post #3 current?

nevermind1534
09-22-2009, 10:35 PM
I think I'll just start at the bottom; that'll make things simpler..until someone else signs up...hmmm...gimme a few beers...minutes, I mean minutes :whistler: .. to think about it. Is the list in post #3 current?

Then how will we deal with it when they meet? On the Benheck forums, we just did two separate lists.

Oneslowz28
09-23-2009, 12:58 AM
I have been thinking about it and we can do 2 lists. Add me somewhere in it.

BuzzKillington
09-24-2009, 02:30 AM
I still haven't received anything. When was the box sent out?

BuzzKillington
09-25-2009, 04:04 AM
I opened my PO box only to find a lonely little key for for my package. :)

nevermind1534
09-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Good :up:

Pics?

Oneslowz28
09-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Yea guys remember to post a list and pics of what you took and what you added. Its the rules.

Drum Thumper
09-25-2009, 10:41 PM
If you decide to take the top item, PM me, I'll let you know the secret to getting it out of the casing.

Yea guys remember to post a list and pics of what you took and what you added. Its the rules.

I would have, but with the damage and the move I forgot. My apologies.

Oneslowz28
09-25-2009, 11:17 PM
Its ok but from here on out lets take pics and keep a list.

x88x
09-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Hmm, so it appears beer does not do so well in the quickening of thought.... :whistler: ... Anyways, looking back here, would the consensus be that separate threads for the separate boxes would be best, or would it be better to keep everything in one place?

If separate threads, I can go ahead and start that, but personally I think it would work better to have stuff centralized somewhere, especially if we can get lots of boxes going (re: the earlier suggestion that we have a few boxes per continent...except Antarctica...if you're down there, you're kinda screwed in this department.)

(Don't worry, I don't usually have this high latency.) :P

nevermind1534
09-28-2009, 10:47 PM
I think a separate thread for box number 2 might be best, but I guess a list for #2 in this thread would also work.

BuzzKillington
09-29-2009, 08:34 AM

I'll get on that after I get back from work. I gotta leave here in 10 minutes plus I have to have some natural light or my cellphone pics will come out dark. I gave my camera to my girlfriend. :P

I decided to not take anything out of the box because there's nothing I could really use.

Oneslowz28
09-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Oooo now I am curious as to this "top" item DT mentioned.

Drum Thumper
09-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Ok, here's the scoop: I took the pump out, originally planning to use it in a WC setup. After a bit of research I found out (much to my disappointment) that said pump is designed only to run for 3 to 5 minutes at a time--not good for WC.

As for what I added...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/drumthumper5150/IMG_0045.jpg

d_stilgar
10-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Oooo. How big is that screen? I'm needing a low resolution 4:3 with RCA video in for a project of mine. Including electronics it can't be more than 10" diagonal.

x88x
10-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Ok, thread for box #2 finally started, here (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?p=264141#post264141). Now go sign up! :D

Oneslowz28
10-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Got it out yet Buzz? Pics?

nevermind1534
10-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Any word on this box?

Oneslowz28
11-09-2009, 06:52 PM
I got the box in today. It was delivered to my neighbors house by accident. I will get pics up tomorrow. I am going to keep 1 or 2 items from the box.

SXRguyinMA
11-09-2009, 10:11 PM
nice :banana:

Oneslowz28
12-17-2009, 03:45 AM
I will get this out after the holidays to avoid any shipping mistakes that the USPS may have.

Drum Thumper
12-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

Oneslowz28
12-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Lol. I will take the pics tomorrow of the box and what I took out. Although you already know the item I took.

Oneslowz28
01-01-2010, 02:18 AM
After some discussion between the staff we would like to ask that you do not include knives or any type of weapon in the box. This includes razor blades, pocketknives and any chemical or device that could go BOOM. If there is anything in the current box we ask that who ever has it please remove those devices.

This box had a knife in it and I removed it to conform to these new rules. I will actually get some use out of the knife. It now has a home in my electronics box and will be used to strip large wires.

jdbnsn
01-04-2010, 11:30 PM
After some discussion between the staff we would like to ask that you do not include knives or any type of weapon in the box. This includes razor blades, pocketknives and any chemical or device that could go BOOM.

LOL! It's really sad that you have to state this.

x88x
03-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Any progress on this?

nevermind1534
03-17-2010, 05:45 PM
I'm still waiting on Oneslowz to send me the box.

chaksq
03-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Hey CJ get a move on this. If I don't get this box soon, I'll probably get end up throwing out my spare parts.

nevermind1534
03-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Maybe send him a PM?

nevermind1534
05-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Me and Oneslowz28 decided that I'll split up TGIMBOEJ number 2. One half will become this box, the other half will remain number 2. The reason for doing this is that there's only one thing left in this box right now, and it wouldn't make sense to pay for a flat rate box to ship one thing.

LiTHiUM0XiD3
05-04-2010, 11:04 PM
count me in! anybody need xbox gear?

Oneslowz28
05-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Lith I could use a Xbox one DVD drive that works lol....

Adding Lith to the list.

x88x
05-05-2010, 12:21 AM
The reason for doing this is that there's only one thing left in this box right now, and it wouldn't make sense to pay for a flat rate box to ship one thing.

That's why you fill it up... :P

Oneslowz28
05-05-2010, 12:37 AM
He was referring to the box I have. I lost the stuff I was going to put in it. I think I might have accidentally tossed it when I cleaned out my garage.

x88x
05-05-2010, 01:14 AM
Ok, I suppose that's a valid excuse.

LiTHiUM0XiD3
05-05-2010, 08:48 AM
well the dvd drive is yours.. i got a few lappy parts to throw in aswell..

nevermind1534
05-05-2010, 10:54 PM
I printed the label, and will probably be sending the box tomorrow. The delivery confirmation number is: 9405 xxx xxx xxx xxx xx

Oneslowz28
05-06-2010, 03:35 AM
well the dvd drive is yours.. i got a few lappy parts to throw in aswell..Awesome!!!!

I printed the label, and will probably be sending the box tomorrow. The delivery confirmation number is: 9405 xxx xxx xxx xxx xx

Awesome!! I will turn this one around quick.

nevermind1534
05-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Awesome!! I will turn this one around quick.

This one's going to blueonblack; box number 2 is going to you. I plan on sending that one at some point in time in the next week.

The Track & confirm page shows the box going through the Kansas City, MO facility yesterday, so it will probably be delivered today, or if not, Monday.

nevermind1534
05-10-2010, 10:57 PM
I see that it was delivered today. Let us know what will be in it and when you send it.

blueonblack
05-11-2010, 01:32 AM
It was indeed delivered. :) Inside:

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/blueonblack/Pics/P1050706_800x600.jpg

I took the tiny Cooler Master fan and added a gunmetal 140mm fan grill, a USB/Firewire/Audio connector and a string of blue LEDs with a Molex plug and resistor prewired:

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/blueonblack/Pics/P1050707_800x600.jpg

Where does this go next?

Drum Thumper
05-11-2010, 01:51 AM
Looks like chaksq gets it next.

blueonblack
05-13-2010, 05:55 AM
I also found this 8MB Diamond Fire GL 1000 AGP video card I'm putting in.

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/blueonblack/Pics/P1050710_800x600.jpg

nevermind1534
05-27-2010, 09:41 AM
Did you send it yet?

blueonblack
06-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Package shipped today Priority Mail

x88x
06-03-2010, 05:20 PM
It lives!

chaksq
06-05-2010, 01:28 PM
I just received the box a little bit ago! Looks pretty good, few things have some minor damage, there's an ethernet card where the metal backplate got bent, and a SATA card with some bent pins. Took some photos, I'll upload them later on. Dug up my box of spare parts and miniprojects, got a few ideas what I'm going to put in this. I'll post more later, had plans for this afternoon. Going to try and get this box sent back out as soon as I can.

blaze15301
06-18-2010, 06:31 AM
if this is still going on and i quilify i have loads of stuff id like to get rid of. so can i please be on the list.

chaksq
06-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Alright finally had time to go through the box and my personal spare parts. First the box when I received it and unpacked it:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p67/chaksq/P1040255.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p67/chaksq/P1040256.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p67/chaksq/P1040258.jpg

I took:
-An internal USB card reader
-A set of standard I/O ports
-The pre-wired string of blue LEDs
-The 120mm silicon fan silencer (put it in my computer before I remembered to photograph it :facepalm:)
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p67/chaksq/P1040271.jpg

I added:
-A basic unpowered 4 port USB hub
-A different card reader
-A headphone and microphone jack header
-A "disposable" mini video camera from CVS that I hacked to add a USB plug to, never bother to figure out the software to use this and lost interest, but it was working when I added the USB port and I did test that the USB plug works.
-A screen I salvaged from a portable DVD player, I was planning on making a frame to mount this in but decided I'd rather spring for a USB monitor. It has a composite in plug and power cords for both wall and car outlets. A ground wire came off the screen and needs to be soldiered back on but otherwise this works great hooked to a video input.
-Some random old ram sticks
-One of those USB to PS/2 adaptors
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p67/chaksq/P1040270.jpg

chaksq
06-18-2010, 04:21 PM
I just sent a PM to The Black Pumpkin as he is next on the list. Don't think he's posted on here in a while so if I don't here from him in a few days I'll move on to the next person on the list.

Technochicken
06-18-2010, 04:24 PM
I'd like to be on the list as well.

x88x
06-18-2010, 04:26 PM
It looks like I never got added to this list... :( Also, what ever happened with the second box? Wasn't one of them going to get split or something?

nevermind1534
06-18-2010, 07:41 PM
It looks like I never got added to this list... :( Also, what ever happened with the second box? Wasn't one of them going to get split or something?

Yeah, I'm going to be mailing box two soon.

blaze15301
06-20-2010, 12:18 AM
umm jsut checking but will i be put on the list or no?

Drum Thumper
06-20-2010, 01:50 AM
umm jsut checking but will i be put on the list or no?

By the time you read this, you will be added to the list.

blaze15301
06-20-2010, 04:39 AM
thank you thumper. should i enform you or someone when i get 100 post?

x88x
06-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Whoever's before you will just check before they send it to you. I'm sure that by then you'll be there by then. ;) Alternately, yeah, let one of the mods know and they can change your color in the list.

chaksq
06-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Well been a week and no word from The Black Pumpkin, and checking his stats he hasn't posted since last year. I'm going to move down the list and PM Karbon Killa to send the box to next.

Airbozo
06-25-2010, 09:15 PM
I've been cleaning out my computer junk at night wile the SO is in Cabo and I have enough stuff to send out at least 2 more boxes...

I donated most of it to a community service group though. If it sat in my office any longer I would find an excuse to keep some of it.

chaksq
07-02-2010, 05:16 PM
I have gotten no reply from Karbon Killa, appears to be an inactive member as well. I'll move down the list again to knowledgegranted.

DynamoNED
01-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Having read the rules & understand that I have not met all the requirements as of the date of this post, please add me to the bottom of the list for this box. I have a whole closet full of components going to waste at my house, and I could use a good reason to sort through them. Besides, given the box's current rate of travel, I should have easily met the requirement by the time it's my turn. :D

knowledgegranted
01-26-2011, 11:50 PM
I have this box. I'm sorry it has been taking so long, I have a snow day tomorrow. I'll see if I can document and get it shipped out.

AmEv
02-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Sounds cool. Broke right now tho.

AmEv
03-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Well, I meet both qualifications.

How much is shipping?
Just don't want to get it, just to find out I can't afford shipping.

Airbozo
03-08-2011, 04:32 PM
If it is in the same box, $15. USPS flat rate.

AmEv
03-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the info.

This message will be removed when I have the money to ship.

x88x
03-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Well, judging how long the boxes have been stuck at the last couple people, I think you've got time. *nudges knowledgegranted*

AmEv
03-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Ok.

Hurry up, but don't rush.
I got it ;)

*You know what? Just add me to the list. If I don't have the money, just shoot me to the new bottom, and I'll just wait for the income.

x88x
04-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Bump.

knowledgegranted
04-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Alright, alright. It's time to get this baby outta here. Sending 985323 a PM.

04-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Pm replied. Man Ive still got loads for this box.

AmEv
04-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Progress! Yay :clap:

09-12-2011, 05:19 PM
What is this "progress" you speak of?

AmEv
09-12-2011, 07:20 PM
>_<

Fuganater
10-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Where is this at? I've got some stuff I could toss in.

nevermind1534
10-01-2011, 10:36 PM
...I had one of them. I promise I'll have it out of here with some good stuff by next year.

d_stilgar
10-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Oh man, I thought this was totally dead.

Where are we on the list? Is everyone on the list still active in the forums?

nevermind1534
10-04-2011, 05:21 PM
If the next person that it goes to doesn't respond to their PM, then it just goes on to the next one on the list.

x88x
10-05-2011, 10:44 AM
As far as I know it's still with knowledgegranted. Not sure what's going on there though.

SXRguyinMA
10-05-2011, 11:57 AM
I may have enough stuff to start another one. Anyoen interested in getting another list going?

x88x
10-05-2011, 12:01 PM
Sure, why not? :D Maybe this one'll actually keep going for more than 10 stops. :P

Fuganater
10-05-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm game.

Technochicken
10-05-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm currently near the bottom of the North America box list, so I'd be glad to be put on a new list.

SXRguyinMA
10-05-2011, 07:05 PM
let me see what I've got kicking around that I can toss in :D

billygoat333
10-06-2011, 02:45 AM
I'm down to be on another list. I had the box #2, sent it on, and pretty much both of them died at the same time.

nevermind1534
10-06-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm down to be on another list. I had the box #2, sent it on, and pretty much both of them died at the same time.

I think the idea was that I'd split the one I got to become both box 1 and 2.

Airbozo
10-06-2011, 12:03 PM
I am still up. I have tone of things to add since I am currently going through all of my stuff after a remodel.

10-16-2011, 11:48 PM
Im still game for this, as i was next in line for the box I did get a Pm from knowledgegranted but havent had anything come or any contact since. :(

d_stilgar
10-18-2011, 01:31 AM
I can add some stuff too, so if I'm on the list keep me on. If I'm not on it then add me.

SXRguyinMA
10-18-2011, 02:27 AM
sorry guys, life's been crazy ATM, haven't had time to dig through the bins of parts lol

Cale_Hagan
12-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Put me down. :banana: