PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 8,9, or GTX Series NVIDIA Graphics Card

Datech
03-20-2009, 08:44 AM
So Passion is almost totally complete as a mod, and 100% useable as a computer. Passion was about 40% built just so Girlfriend could play Spore and Sims 2, but the 7300GS I had spare isn't cutting it. It plays Spore just fine for her, but when I'm used to the even modest capabilities of a 9600GT on COD4 I want more.

So, onto what I want, if you have one of these, let me know:

8800G** Under $50
9600GT under $50
9800G** Under $75
GTX 260*** Under $100

Doesn't matter to me what brand, fanless, overclocked, anything. Of course the '*' represents any other nVidia modifiers the card might have, i.e. 260+, 9800GX2, whatever you got. If you think your card is worth more than my asking price, we'll talk about it.

If it is a 9600 or less its going to Passion, if its 9800 or more its going to me cause I'm paying for it, greedy, and play more games, lol.

As normal, pics of the card, and if you are still using it and plan to upgrade after selling benchmarks, temp readings, etc would be nice.

Thanks guys!

VitzĄ^
03-20-2009, 03:53 PM
just in case you dont know, having a better GFX card in for sims 2 wont make a jot of difference from what I have read. Sims 2 is seriously hard on the CPU without really challenging the GFX in the slightest apparently. My Mrs is well into Sims2 as well, and I have been trying to get it to run faster as it is tediously slow (to me) on her machine (AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6400+ @ 3.20GHz with Nvidia 8500GT) so dont go expecting a massive improvement on that game with a GFX card upgrade. having said that, having read your post again, you dont seem to mind the game speed on sims, just on Spore, so this post may be completely pointless :D

Datech
03-21-2009, 03:23 PM
I haven't actually installed Sims 2 yet, but I'm not terribly worried about it. The proc I have in Passion will run Sims 2 just fine (its done it before). I definitely need a GFX card for Spore though, as the graphics lag A TON on some of the cut scenes on low settings. That, and, I mean, a 7 series, really?