PDA

View Full Version : Lookin for a Nascar Hood Case

King s0l0m0n
04-02-2005, 06:23 AM
Hey guys, I'm new to the board as you can see. Is it possible to build a case that looks like a Nascar Hood, where you can raise the hood to upgrade the PC that way?

fishies
04-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Welcome.

You can do almost anything, providing you have the time and money. If you were looking at modifying an existing case, you could lay the case flat, hinge the panel and add a hood prop of some sort. I know the some of the Chrysler line of cars have very small pneumatic hood props to assist in lifting the hood and trunk. I'm sure you could find one small enough.

If you decided to make a new case, why stop at a hood? Why not build a scale Nascar model that would fit your computer components.

I hope that helped.

Brian
04-02-2005, 04:28 PM
I had the idea of using pneumatic piston hood props before and went to the local auto shop to check them out. I found the smallest ones, about 7 inches when retracted, and even those are extremely hard to push in and out. Those pneumatic pistons are meant to lift large metal hoods and are way too powerful for something as small and light as a computer.

However, if you have any luck finding something that works, be sure to post it as there are many people looking for a good solution.

One thing you might want to take a look at his RC airplane parts. You might be able to find some sort of small piston that will work for this idea.