PDA

View Full Version : windows XP COA

grahamdvddvddvd
03-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Hi all I have a old Dell GX270 which I bought from eBay with windows XP installed and no disc but it has a COA on the case, I want to install a bigger hard drive, so I would lose the windows, how do I get a new copy of Windows XP with the COA number ? many thanks

nevermind1534
03-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Download rock xp and it should give you a product key. If not, I have a copy of xp that I could give you.

grahamdvddvddvd
03-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Hi so i have to download it and put it on my old hard drive, get the product key then change the hard drive and reinstall XP and when it asks for the product key put in the product key "rock XP got" and all should be fine? what about when it tries to verifie it self ? many thanks

nevermind1534
03-23-2009, 05:02 PM
It should be fine. If it doesn't work, I can give you my xp pro VLk.

jdbnsn
03-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Sorry guys, it has been brought to my attention that this may not be in compliance with the end user license agreements and thus illegal. The item in question is "xp pro VLk" which has been described to me as for corporate use only and this means that only the corporation that purchased the license (for a boat load of money) has the right to distribute it. I'm locking this thread to err on the side of caution.