PDA

View Full Version : Rotozip or Dremel?

garrett2408
12-29-2005, 12:33 AM
Which is best, i have the craftsman all in one cutting tool, half price older model plus my discount :D
I bought the flex attachment and have a plunge router base, circle cutting guide and the adjustable guide.
Good deal.
Which is best though, the all in one i think has a lot more power and has the angle grinder attachment for thicker aluminum.
opinions? what do you use yourself?

DickNervous
12-29-2005, 12:38 AM
Different tools for different jobs. I have both.

Dremel is great for a billion different things from cutting to etching to buffing.

Rotozip, or rotary saws like it, are good for cutting. With the flex attachment they can do some of the things a dremel can do, but not all.

If I had to pick one for modding, dremel all the way.

public_eyesore
12-29-2005, 12:56 AM
i had the impression that rotozip was the dumbed down version of a dremel, meant for all around the house handy work. Am i wrong, or am i judging the company on one product?

OvRiDe
12-29-2005, 01:30 AM
I have the Dremel Advantage (God bless the wife, she was trying) and its like the Rotozip. It has a bigger body and a little more powerful motor then a regular Dremel, but the bigger body makes it hard to do intricate tight work. Although I do have the Flex Attachment so I can do some things like a Dremel but not all.
I must say the Advantage will rip thru sheetrock like a son of gun..:)
Did you check out the rotory tool that Marquee got while working on his Knight Rider case? It looks pretty sweet.. its in the Worklog section HERE (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1719&page=6).

garrett2408
12-29-2005, 01:59 AM
Thats a sweet tool, i like the LCD feature.

I wanted a dremel for the longest time (the $99 craftsman one, it had better attachments than the actual $89 dremel), but i found this thing in the store, for half price and with a 2 year replacement for $7.50 i have to be given the new model if it breaks.

I am new at this so its ok for me, for now, maybe get that right angle attachment soon, and a dremel down the line.