PDA

View Full Version : Mmorpg

Judgement
12-29-2005, 04:43 AM
This is a topic I have read few (if any) threads about. I know theres alot of them out right now. so I was wondering if anyone plays them and what ones they play. I guess the main 3 would be City of Heores / City Of Villians and World of Warcraft.

I just saw the BF2 thread and figured maybe the RPG's might want to have the same chance to play together. so share Servers Shards names ect ect go ahead talk it up. :D

Myrdhyn
12-29-2005, 11:13 AM
I play Dark Age of Camelot pretty much all the time.

My main toons are on MLF/Hibernia
Have some alts on Guinevere/Midgard

If you have any toons on the appropriate cluster/realm, look me up sometime.

Durrthock
12-29-2005, 06:36 PM
did the de buff alberion yet or do they still have 20second 2000dmg per second dots.

wretched73
12-30-2005, 02:49 AM
i play ConquerOnline addicting as hell.

Zeus
12-30-2005, 10:57 AM
I personally and thoroughly hooked on World of Warcrack...er Warcraft. It is a lot of fun and I run with a great crowd.

Rankenphile
12-30-2005, 03:25 PM
I used to play Asheron's Call for years, and played a number of others off and on. I'm thinking about getting back into WoW, but damn it, I jsut don't have the time.

Hertzberg
01-01-2006, 12:41 AM
World Of warcraft is the ****!. but the time is expensive. Guild wars is the second mmorpg game, far more beautihful than World of warcraft!. great story,

Enough for me gotta go moding:)

abnoea
01-03-2006, 01:57 AM
ive just started playing guild wars today... id be willing to play with anyone if they can stand playing with a noob.... =D

Rankenphile
01-03-2006, 02:35 AM
Okay, I caved. I started my WoW account back up.

Argh, now i just need someone to pay me to stay home and mod and play games all day... anyone want to sponsor a geek?

:D

Xato
01-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Lol, i gave my Level 60 MC geared warrior in Warcrack to a friend in the game. He's minding it for me until the expansion comes out. And then i'll play it and get bored of it again.

Twigsoffury
01-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Meh
world war II online.... Playin since 2001. Almost Every day

Myrdhyn
01-03-2006, 03:18 PM
"did the de buff alberion yet or do they still have 20second 2000dmg per second dots."

Matter cabbies in albion still have pretty nasty dots, but I think you are thinking of warlock dots in mid and they did get nerfed....but regardless in modern rvr dots are pretty much useless as the minimal dmg they do is easily compensated by SoR and other abilities, and most dots only interrupt on the first tick so you can cast through them anyway.

justleftlife
01-08-2006, 04:07 AM
I play FF XI fantasic game! i used to to play everquest matrix online and a slew of other ones... I am looking forpeople to hang out/level with so if you play any and need some one to hang with let me know as soon as i get back i will repost my toons name and server info!

Smitten
01-13-2006, 01:10 AM
i play lineage2...and no fair locating me to beat me up for it. unlike 95% of lineage players, i play to do that, play, not PvP and get aneurisms from getting beaten by what they consider to be "noobs" for not ebaying/botting.
/rantoff

8)

richmandudeus
01-13-2006, 02:17 AM
I cant wait till DDO (dungeons and dragons online) comes out beginning of Feb. Oh how i miss D&D. Best game ever. I know it sounds geeky but what the hell, it rocks all rpg's hahahahaha. I played coh and wow for a long while and man what long hours. "It's not the destination, it's the journey." I agree... but fishing:eek: :?? yeesh... loved'em, left'em, moving on to DDO. I hope to see you all there. We can form Brotherhood of MOD;) hehe.

Judgement
01-13-2006, 04:14 AM
Sign me up Rich im geting DnDO as soon as it comes out. I loved City of heroes when if first started but now all they ever seem to do is nerf game play... oh well win some lose some

Myrdhyn
01-13-2006, 10:49 AM
I did some reading on DnDo and it seems like its pretty much gonna be instanced like GW...but with no pvp...so its like Guildwars...but without the point....

richmandudeus
01-13-2006, 12:56 PM
but with puzzle rooms hehe. I love thinking more than grinding. puzzle rooms were my favorite part of D&D. oh well... whether it's good or not, it's worth a shot.

Myrdhyn
01-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Personally I'm sticking with DAoC untill Warhammer comes out then I'm switching to warhammer...

Smitten
01-25-2006, 05:50 AM
I've been beta testing DnDO since last october. its not really that bad of a game; many similarities to others, but you cant make a new game and have it be nothing like any other game. its very much party related; hard to solo most quests, if down right impossible. and yes, the zones will be instanced like GW; the main zone being the City itself, which is huge!
the one thing that does make it different than other games i've played is you dont get experience from killing mobs, so no grinding. your experience is gained from completing objectives in quests; main objectives and optional ones. if you enter an instance and fail to complete the quest, then you're out of whatever items you used while in there and still no higher on leveling (this goes back to the needing a party i mentioned).
i think it will be a great addition to the mmorg community, but may not take off well due to their idea for small server bases (1000 users per server, way too small for my tastes). i also hope it doesnt get ruined by the 3rd party companies out there that sell game cash for real cash. its ruined many a game in my opinion, but that's for another topic.

8)

Malatory
01-25-2006, 11:31 AM
I avoid most of the MMORPG games because there is a monthly charge. I did play Guild Wars and started up again on it with a new character (Missed last weekend of being able to test the new characters).

if the DnDO has a monthly charge then I will pass on it, even tho I do like NWN and TOEE.

Rankenphile
01-25-2006, 01:09 PM
I've been beta testing DnDO since last october. its not really that bad of a game; many similarities to others, but you cant make a new game and have it be nothing like any other game. its very much party related; hard to solo most quests, if down right impossible. and yes, the zones will be instanced like GW; the main zone being the City itself, which is huge!
the one thing that does make it different than other games i've played is you dont get experience from killing mobs, so no grinding. your experience is gained from completing objectives in quests; main objectives and optional ones. if you enter an instance and fail to complete the quest, then you're out of whatever items you used while in there and still no higher on leveling (this goes back to the needing a party i mentioned).
i think it will be a great addition to the mmorg community, but may not take off well due to their idea for small server bases (1000 users per server, way too small for my tastes). i also hope it doesnt get ruined by the 3rd party companies out there that sell game cash for real cash. its ruined many a game in my opinion, but that's for another topic.

8)

Yeah, Turbine knows a thing or two about how third party software and goldfarmers can ruin a game. Trust me. I played AC1 for many a year.

Myrdhyn
01-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Eh my opinion used to be like rankephile's until I actually gave an mmo a fair shot. When you realize everything you really get out of an mmo for 15bux a month or whatever it happens to be and when you realize how much fun it really is you realize how narrow your point of view was before.....or at least that was my experience.
My advice...give it a fair shot (say 2 months) before you knock it just because of a monthly fee....

fobnicat
02-20-2006, 07:50 PM
I played EQ for quite a few years... Took some time off played Star Wars Galaxies for about 3 months then went back to EQ.. Sold my account (twice actually) then picked up EQ2.. It sucked so I picked up Matrix... It was even worse so I quit playing games all together and got back into webdesign.. Now I finally caved again and picked up WoW.. if anyone is on Thunderhorn server look me up.. Iwishi

Rankenphile
02-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Eh my opinion used to be like rankephile's until I actually gave an mmo a fair shot. When you realize everything you really get out of an mmo for 15bux a month or whatever it happens to be and when you realize how much fun it really is you realize how narrow your point of view was before.....or at least that was my experience.
My advice...give it a fair shot (say 2 months) before you knock it just because of a monthly fee....

Hey, I'm not knockin' MMOs, by any means. I playe AC for a long time, I've played CoH, PlanetSide, ShadowBane, EQ a little, and am now deeply entrenched in WoW, for good or ill.

I was just pointing out that Turbine knows how quickly 3rd party programs and farmers can ruin a game, and that they will probably be on the look-out for such things in DDO, as Smitten was expressing concern about it.

Malatory
02-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Ok I was invited to play City Of villians and now I own it as it is like Crack and was hooked right away.

I am mainly on the Chapion server and willing to join most teams as I feel that is where you get more XP and things are a bit harder.

Hasbios
03-04-2006, 11:33 PM
WORLD OF WARCRAFT ive found free servers were you dont have to pay monthly email me if u want to learn more:D

Custom
03-05-2006, 06:15 AM
Cool I sent you a PM Hasbios! Does anyone know how much WOW costs to play online? Or does it vary depending on what server you play on!

Rankenphile
03-05-2006, 02:30 PM
$14.95 per month US. Not sure how much it is in the UK. But it is a flat fee, not a "per server" charge.

justleftlife
03-06-2006, 01:01 AM
does anyone like FFXI?? i play it non stop most of the time!! if you do PM me!

Omega
03-06-2006, 02:30 AM
WoW - Digiburn 18 Dwarf Warrior - Burning Blade.

come play with me sometime.

richmandudeus
03-07-2006, 10:21 AM
:p I've got so many High level characters in WoW that I don't really have a main anymore. I am however starting new characters on both the alliance and horde (i've been only horde so far) so if anyone is kind enough to run instances for me that would be kewl!!!:p

Mug'thol server = Undead warlock 'Deathcloud' 18atm
Gurubashi server = Dwarf Priest 'Deathplay' 33atm

I have a few lvl 60's when i was in the high legion guild but have retired them already. I do admit that the game doesn't begin until you reach 60 though. That's when things get real fun. Especially in pvp!!!:D Look me up and if you are starting out, i'll be happy to run you through all the beginning crap:p. I'll also show you how to get decent gold legitamately.;) Let's just say my Dwarf priest is only 33 but can afford to get 2 mounts...

Rankenphile
03-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Seriously? Without resorting to harvest professions?

Rich, buddy, pal - hook a brother up! :p

richmandudeus
03-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Hmm... i'm not sure if this is the right place to post tips for WoW... besides, what i know has been done a thousand times over but a great deal of people still don't know about it. I'd be happy to learn some tricks or strategies as well:rolleyes:.