PDA

View Full Version : LED (3.0v, 3.4v, 4.0v)

Slatter
12-29-2005, 06:24 PM
All Questions about LEDs and how connect them safely to the PSU

Slatter
12-29-2005, 06:28 PM
Can anyone tell if it is dangerous to connect 3 4.0v Bright LEDs together and feed them straight off the PSU? If it can cause problems to the PSU how to safe guard against damages. I have a ThermalRock Ninja 420watts PSU running on a Intel P4 3.0ghz and an Intel 915GAV. The only real drain on the PSU is a Thermaltake "Big Typhoon".

Tableleg
12-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Mr_Happy had some questions about LEDs in this thread here:

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18351&posted=1#post18351

The quick simple answer to your question is no, it is not dangerous. My reply to him should tell you what you need to know in order to operate the LED's safely. There is more danger in destroying your LED's than your PSU.

Slatter
12-29-2005, 08:22 PM
Mr_Happy had some questions about LEDs in this thread here:

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18351&posted=1#post18351

The quick simple answer to your question is no, it is not dangerous. My reply to him should tell you what you need to know in order to operate the LED's safely. There is more danger in destroying your LED's than your PSU.

Thanks Tableleg

Aero
12-30-2005, 06:06 PM
haha, I remember my first time playing with LED's.

"What happens if I touch this red LED to a 9 volt?" ***fiiiizzzzzzzzlllllllleeeee***

Slatter
01-02-2006, 07:51 AM
haha, I remember my first time playing with LED's.

"What happens if I touch this red LED to a 9 volt?" ***fiiiizzzzzzzzlllllllleeeee***

Hell yeah I remember the first time I conneted a HD Blue LED straight into an adapter and started to crank up the output voltage to see how much it would take. It actually changed color from Blue to Orange arounf 9.0v and then at 12.0v it made a sizzling noise and turned deep red and died. Try it... it good modding masochistic fun. :p

Maybe I'll kill one tonie and send you guys the video...