PDA

View Full Version : PDA Screen

tsuki_kitty
12-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Ok... New here, but have a strange question, something that i have tried to google to no avail...

I have come into a brand new PDA screen witht he connector wires, and want to wire to the vga as a system monitor board, but cant A: figure out how to do it and b: Find anywhere that can show me...

has anyone any idea how, or where to find the information??

Thank you

Kitty

Hertzberg
12-30-2005, 09:10 PM
I would try google;)

OvRiDe
12-31-2005, 12:17 AM
I think you may be in the same boat as those trying to use laptop screens to connect to their vga as well..

UK-Blade
12-31-2005, 08:52 PM
I think you may be in the same boat as those trying to use laptop screens to connect to their vga as well..

Even more so, cause PDA screens are also touch sensitive.

If you do figure it out let us know, cause i could come up with a boat load of ideas to use those in modding projects :)

GOOD LUCK!!

crenn
01-01-2006, 03:37 AM
I once came across someone hacking a Ipaq to use it as a screen.... I'll see if I can find that worklog.....

crenn
01-01-2006, 03:39 AM
That's because laptops use a different interface than VGA and DVI. If I remember correctly they use a LVDS interface.

OvRiDe
01-01-2006, 05:00 AM
That's because laptops use a different interface than VGA and DVI. If I remember correctly they use a LVDS interface.

Yep.. And for some reason a most VGA to LVDS controller cost more then a whole LCD monitor.. I still don't quite understand that one yet.. heh

tsuki_kitty
01-01-2006, 08:24 AM
Yeah i have a good few ideas for it too....

One of them would be to use the touch screen myself if i could get that implemented too....

Just building a kitty Case - once i start i will do the work log for it...