PDA

View Full Version : why will this not work ?

grahamdvddvddvd
04-10-2009, 09:10 AM
I am building a wall mounted jukebox based on a Dell GX270 small form factor pc, everthing is fine, just had to mount the touch screen monitor into the cabinet. I added another 350 watt atx power supply to power the monitor and small audio amp. when the pc turns on the new power supply turns on as well (I joined the green wires)
The audio amp turns on, but the monitor comes on for a few seconds then goes of ? I tried the external power supply that came with the monitor and its rated at 12 volt 4.2 amp max, I measures the output from the new power supply and its 12 volts,when pluged into the monitor, the rating on the new power supply is 20 amp on the 12 volt line ? I unplugged the audio amp running off the power supply and still no monitor? I have added a 5 amp inline fuse on the 12 volt line.
The monitor is rated at 40 watt ? So whats the problem ? thanks

grahamdvddvddvd
04-10-2009, 09:15 AM
The touch screen monitor is a Elo http://www.elotouch.com/Products/Discontinued/LCDs/1747l0305.asp#support thanks

grahamdvddvddvd
04-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Just checked on the spec for the ELO and it says its 19 volts ! How can I get 19 volts out of a atx power supply ? Could I join up the 12 volt + 5 volt + 3.3 lines to give me 18.3volts ?