PDA

View Full Version : Custom Engraving Tutorials

thechoozen
04-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Hi Guys,

in the last couple of days i was doing some engravings and thought it would maybe a good idea to make some short video tutorials which show some of the methods you can choose for a custom engraving.

For the 1st part i choosed a very easy Method i call it template method because you simply put an printout of your desired engraving on the plexiglas sheet. Then you engrave through the paper ....itīs a very safe method...ideal for beginners which have not a lot of practise...

h6jm6GO-_Zg

but...itīs only one way out of thousands, so if you got any useful tip or technique...let us know !!

Killa_Ape
04-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Nice simple tutorial! This may only be me but it would be nice if the text was bigger just had some issues reading some words.

Eclecticos
04-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Hi Guys,

in the last couple of days i was doing some engravings and thought it would maybe a good idea to make some short video tutorials which show some of the methods you can choose for a custom engraving.

Hell yea, we could always use more of those.
Very entertaining video, and impressive etching technik. +Rep

Luke122
04-13-2009, 12:14 PM
I find it easier to mirror print the image, and attach to the backside of the plexi, and then etch using the printout as a trace, rather than etching through it. It just works more cleanly in my opinion, and i"ve used that method on all my etchings (except the freehand ones of course).

thechoozen
04-13-2009, 01:58 PM
@Luke122...i also prefer that method.... but i wanted to show several ways...so in the next video (iīm currently working on it) i will exactly show that method...but for this i wanted to show a real beginner version of if it.

I think this i more for the people who really just started....because of the template on the surface youīll need to trace the line more than one time and that prevents a lot of small scratches which can happen really fast when youīre unexperienced...

thechoozen
04-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Today i finished the 2nd part:

This time the template is placed behind the plexiglas...so you should have a bit of experience with the rotary tool before starting in that way to avoid unwanted scratches....

HT_Z8vutJXE