PDA

View Full Version : Tribal case

crancmon
01-03-2006, 01:58 AM
Ive been sitting on this idea for a while, and just want to throw it out to t3h rest of you. build a case from the ground up that uses tribal shapes cut out of metal as the frame, with really intricate designs all around. The case would be very open and very shiny. Sorry, but I dont have any sketches yet. I will try to put some up, but with school that might not happen until june.

And he was like"woah" and then everybody was like "wooaaaaaaaahhhh" and then he was like "woah man dude man woah"

Malatory
01-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Ive been sitting on this idea for a while, and just want to throw it out to t3h rest of you. build a case from the ground up that uses tribal shapes cut out of metal as the frame, with really intricate designs all around. The case would be very open and very shiny. Sorry, but I dont have any sketches yet. I will try to put some up, but with school that might not happen until june.

you might want to look at MNPCtechs site as well as the gallery
http://mnpctechcom.temp.powweb.com/gallery/

Hellbound there has some cool detailed Tribal Flames on the case. I also know he had done some work with the tribal cut out on a frame of a case, at last I dont see it on his site anymore.

crancmon
01-17-2006, 03:05 AM
I checked it out, bit there is nothing there quite like what I have in mind.

abnoea
01-18-2006, 01:27 AM
tribal designs are sweet, id love to see something like that done....

Django
01-18-2006, 12:04 PM
ive got something semi-tribal in the works
http://knd.org.uk/images/6e8555a989388eb985a0946cb6d2a044.jpg
based off of an antec p180 super mid-tower
all i need to find are orange cold cathodes and orange 120mm LED fans

Nawl
01-18-2006, 01:47 PM
That would b cool !

crancmon
01-20-2006, 12:30 AM
that is cool. Are the etches really going to be backlit like in the photo?

Nawl
01-20-2006, 08:47 AM
Wait a minute... does the cold cathodes really going to fit in there ?
You know its a door in the front...right? I dont think its that thick...

Django
01-20-2006, 09:38 AM
The door is offset from the actual drives by about an inch. no backlighting for the side and front sadly. The sides of the case are too thick to work with, and would negate the case's noise-proofing. I'm planning on a vinyl or a paintjob that will emulate the effect of glowing
EDIT: Or bury some EL wire