PDA

View Full Version : $85K Cell Phone Bill

TheGreatSatan
04-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Wow, what a moron (http://tech.yahoo.com/blog/null/61440)

Drum Thumper
04-25-2009, 12:48 PM
I saw this a while back on a different site. If memory serves, he fought it and won.

crenn
04-26-2009, 12:04 AM
This type of thing happens a lot. Especially with iPhones.

In Australia, it happens with normal internet connections as well (aka Telstra ADSL2+)

The boy 4rm oz
04-28-2009, 10:08 AM
When will people learn to disable roaming lol.

TheGreatSatan
04-28-2009, 02:05 PM
I have a cell phone, but literally use it for less than an hour a month. I don't text at all and am just baffled on how much some people have to use their phones. People at work (and even the manager) are constantly pulling them out and typing on them even though they are clearly not allowed in the store policy. The level at which kids and even grown adults are texting is just stupid. I seriously HATE how much cell phones are killing our world

OvRiDe
04-28-2009, 02:30 PM
I use my cellphone quite a bit, with work and personal. I had never really texted much, I figured its a phone why text when I can just call, but one of my daughters is deaf, so of course we text a lot now. I guess what I am not sure of is what you mean by cell phones killing our world? Please elaborate, you have me curious.

SXRguyinMA
04-28-2009, 02:34 PM
indeed. if anything, cell phones have opened up the world :up:

TheGreatSatan
04-28-2009, 06:06 PM
What? I can't go to a store and not see dozens of kids staring at their phones. What ever happened to having fun? How many teenagers have killed themselves and others when they're too busy talking/texting while they drive?

Luke122
04-28-2009, 06:37 PM
I partially agree.. the number of people I see walking around texting and not paying attention baffles me.. and the idiots I see texting and driving make me want to run into them.

xRyokenx
04-28-2009, 07:05 PM
I like texting for when I need to tell somebody something but cannot call them. I have a couple friends that just flat out hate talking on the phone and only like to text.

As to texting and driving... that's just idiotic. Pretty much any sort of phone use while driving is bad if you're the type of person that has to put all of their brainpower into one task. I almost got broadsided by some lady that was blabbing away on her cell phone doing 45 in a 25 zone. I wonder if stupidity helps create wormholes because this lady came from NOWHERE. But that's another story.

OvRiDe
04-28-2009, 07:46 PM
I can agree on the point that PEOPLE texting with cell phones while driving is ludicrous. I have a hard enough time texting sitting in a chair, I can't fathom trying to do it while driving. But I don't know if I can blame the cell phone for that. I have heard the same argument against car stereos, eating while behind the wheel, and women putting on makeup while driving. There will always be idiots on the road, I just pray when it catches up to them they survive and don't take an innocent victim with them.

As for kids just getting out and having fun, well fun is in the eye of beholder I suppose. The same things have been said about sports, television, video games, and computers.

I do get where you are coming from, its a different world out there and changing everyday, some of its for the better some of it not so much.

The boy 4rm oz
04-29-2009, 01:35 AM
Talking on the phone while driving is very stupid, there are laws against it in Australia. Basically if you even touch your phone while driving a car and a cop sees you they can pull you over and fine you. Even touching an in-dash bluetooth unit is classified as a using your phone however different states of Australia look at bluetooth system use differently.

xRyokenx
04-29-2009, 09:22 AM
I kind of hate bluetooth stuff... the one I have is made to be a stupid fashion accessory because if you put it in your pocket it will call people by itself. Up until recently, the majority of bluetooth cell phone whatevers have had pretty awful quality. My dad has a pair of headphones from a year ago and they sound completely like crap.