PDA

View Full Version : Vista Home Premium key

Karbon Killa
04-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Anyone willing to donate a working one would be greatly appreciated. Its for the fish tank /senior project pc. +Rep to anyone willing to help. Oh and I almost forgot...

PLEASE NO KEY GENERATED CRAP. I need this to be clean OEM install with no flaws. And I'm not that big of a fan on the T word.

Luke122
04-28-2009, 12:12 PM
I could donate a Vista Basic key, but that's all I have. If no one else steps up with a Home Premium, shoot me a MSG. :)

OvRiDe
04-28-2009, 01:23 PM
If you can't find any donors, and unless you specifically need Vista, you could always go Linux?

Just an idea.

Karbon Killa
04-28-2009, 02:10 PM
@Luke122
Would a basic key work when installing premium??? Just a question.

@OvRiDe
Well I can't use Linux on the fact that the project is a very user friendly home theater media PC. Most of my family is NOT computer savvy. So windows would be the best option for me. ;)

OvRiDe
04-28-2009, 02:19 PM
@OvRiDe
Well I can't use Linux on the fact that the project is a very user friendly home theater media PC. Most of my family is NOT computer savvy. So windows would be the best option for me. ;)

Ahh.. understood, if thats the case, check out XBMC

http://xbmc.org/

There is a live CD that you can try it out without having to install.

Luke122
04-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Slick.. I didnt know that XBMC had a standalone live disc! +rep to you good buddy.

Also, no, the basic key would only work for vista basic. I was just offering it in case no one else had a premium one, so you would at least have an OS.

I second going XBMC, or even going Linux + XBMC. XBMC is killer.. clean and super easy to use. :D

SgtM
04-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Slick.. I didnt know that XBMC had a standalone live disc! +rep to you good buddy.

Also, no, the basic key would only work for vista basic. I was just offering it in case no one else had a premium one, so you would at least have an OS.

I second going XBMC, or even going Linux + XBMC. XBMC is killer.. clean and super easy to use. :D

Linux and XBMC would be sweet! No learning curve to it either. If they can use a remote, they can use XBMC.

Karbon Killa
04-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Ok, sweet guys. Thank you all and + rep for all of your help. :)

cvitullo
04-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Actually, I have a Premium key that I'm not using, if you still want it. If you end up going XBMC, no harm done, just don't use it :D
I don't have it on me right now, but I'll PM it later today.

Karbon Killa
04-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Ok, thanks cvitullo. I'm still going to need one one way or anyother. So thanks to you aswell. +Rep. :)

EDIT: The key that I used from another friend is already in use. So I can't use that one. So as said above cvitullo, if you still have the key and are willing to donate it, give me a PM. :) Thanks again.

TheGreatSatan
04-30-2009, 04:56 PM
TheGreatSatan saves the day! I have Vista Ultimate 32-bit if you want it. I can send you the disk too

Karbon Killa
05-01-2009, 05:57 PM
:eek:

If you would want to send it to me, that would be AMAZING. I would be happy to pay for shipping. :D:up:

BuzzKillington
05-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Ahh.. understood, if thats the case, check out XBMC

http://xbmc.org/

There is a live CD that you can try it out without having to install.

Dude... awesome! +rep