PDA

View Full Version : Quad SLI

AKA_RA
01-06-2006, 01:05 AM
I actually had a good laugh when i saw the size of this card.
http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=195

Dark-hobo
01-06-2006, 07:13 AM
Wow, just stupid. I draw the line at a 7800GT. After that it is pointless.

Durrthock
01-06-2006, 05:45 PM
omg that eally defeats the purpose thats just 2 fx card why didnt the just make one 2x as powerful it sad bit**in dell though

public_eyesore
01-06-2006, 07:54 PM
omg that eally defeats the purpose thats just 2 fx card why didnt the just make one 2x as powerful it sad bit**in dell though

why only 2x as powerful, when you can now to 4x?

Durrthock
01-06-2006, 10:03 PM
well yea i mean its just a waste of time they just dont want to invest in makeing something truly revloutionary. If the made something 4x as good as that but still affordable for everyone they would make a killing just be shear numbers they would sell like crazy.

Durrthock
01-06-2006, 10:04 PM
2x because they would have 1 fx card instead of 2 shottly sruck together

garrett2408
01-06-2006, 11:24 PM
noones done anything good since the geforce one with transform and lighting, and way back the original voodoo that blasted gaming from software to hardware based.

Its all horsepower and RPM now

jptrvlr
01-07-2006, 02:44 AM
:rolleyes: jezzeesus, looks like a tennis racquet. thats really kinda ghey to me, i mean wtf. oh well, im sure some dude with mom/dad money will have them when there out. how cool.

Judgement
01-07-2006, 05:46 AM
All i can say is HOLY EFFIN CRAP

thats gota cause some airflow problems too i would think with the board being so long

RobjaFalu
01-07-2006, 03:07 PM
I like Asus's Dual Card better, because its two GPU's, not two GPU's and TWO boards! Although, Dell's and nVidia's version is actually a whole lot better and really utilizes the SLi factor. Asus' emulates it to a point but it really isn't SLi. As soon as they cut the size of the card down and reduce it to one board per card, I'll think about getting it. (That gives me plenty of time to save up)

public_eyesore
01-07-2006, 08:35 PM
well yea i mean its just a waste of time they just dont want to invest in makeing something truly revloutionary. If the made something 4x as good as that but still affordable for everyone they would make a killing just be shear numbers they would sell like crazy.

its actually very afford able compared to just getting 2 separate cards. I believe it will run you 700 instead of 900 for sli quality

Durrthock
01-07-2006, 09:42 PM
This product i going to fail because olny a small number of gamers are even going to spend $2400 on video cards. I mean the 7800gts are ok but this i just over kill and have you ever even heard of mere then like 2 people getting the 7800gt version olny why is because it would be cheaper to just get 2 7800gtx 512s and a good 40% of the price of that dell will be all paint killer paint is a like $10,000 a pop paint company so yes they will sell but fail untill they go down in price

OvRiDe
01-08-2006, 02:56 AM
I kind of lost interest in the card after I saw the paint job on that Dell!! :eek:
I can't tell by the signature on it.. but I'm pretty sure that was done by Mike Lavallee from Killer Paint (http://www.killerpaint.com). His real flames are AMAZING... oh yah.. the card.. neat idea, a bit over kill.. and I bet it is a royal pain to fit that into a standard case.. that is IMHO.

public_eyesore
01-08-2006, 03:38 AM
im sure ittl fit fine, if it doesnt take out the hd cage and but the hd in the top one. Nothing a little moding coulndt fix.

Aero
01-08-2006, 03:49 PM
can anyone say overheating? looks like they are about 1/4 inch apart. Plus how much power does that take? 4x vid card, 4x heatsinks. You'll be luck to get away with a 650 watt PSU if your lucky.

Durrthock
01-08-2006, 09:31 PM
It is killer paint and its signed by mike dell

Aero
01-09-2006, 08:27 PM
why did they ruin the paint job with Mike Dell's signiture?

OvRiDe
01-09-2006, 08:48 PM
From what I can see on the side of that case .. there are too many letters in that signature to be Mike Dell or even Michael Dell.. This is purely my opinion.. but I think thats whoever airbrushed it... I have a hard time making out if its Mike Lavallee's or not..

public_eyesore
01-10-2006, 03:10 PM
can anyone say overheating?.

can you say engineers make sure its made so it doesnt overheat?

Aero
01-10-2006, 10:31 PM

thats what they say about stock heatsinks that come with CPU's.

Judgement
01-11-2006, 05:48 AM
Originally Posted by public_eyesore

Originally Posted by Aero
thats what they say about stock heatsinks that come with CPU's.

and all the old PSU's with the fans that used to blow the hot air into the nearly sealed (stock) case with only 1 or no venting fan i must have fliped atleast 20 of them for friend/family

ForceFedFlesh
01-29-2006, 03:02 PM
they have too much free time on thier hands to build that, but i wouldnt mind having all that for myself:D

bigbaddog
02-11-2006, 11:39 AM
I actually had a good laugh when i saw the size of this card.
http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=195

Yea, the size of those cards reminds me of the old days when I used to work on Intergraph computers that had dual CAD PCI cards with a whopping 80MB of video memory on each card! Still got some of those behemoths somewhere around here...:?

lastweek
02-14-2006, 12:13 PM
WTF! WHY?! Ok, Ill give them some credit for having 2 GB of VIDEO MEM! But what are you needing 2 GB of memory for? Well besides EQ II which still wont run at max performance. I would buy this product if 5 years, because by then we will probably need cards at 2 gb mem to run most of the market games. I am running 7800 GTX SLI at 512 MB and it runs perfect for everything, a little hot but still its the best thing I have ever expierenced along with my x2 processor. Damnet NVIDIA why do you have to do this to us.

public_eyesore
02-14-2006, 01:04 PM
why do u care, u already got a sweet setup. Now the richest of the rich can have the most emersive gaming experience possible.

Rankenphile
02-14-2006, 05:46 PM
Yup, eyesore. Exactly as immersive as lastweeks rig, and at only 6x the cost!

public_eyesore
02-14-2006, 08:29 PM
I dont understand some of you people. Who cares how much sombody pays for it. If they get it and are happy with it whats the problem? Im sorry if i sound stupid, but it just irks me.

OvRiDe
02-14-2006, 11:25 PM
Damnet NVIDIA why do you have to do this to us.

Why does Ferrari build street cars that can do 180mph? A car that is well over a million dollars. A car that costs 24K to do a brake job, or 1200 to change the oil?? WHY.. Because they can! And there is somebody out there that WILL buy it. There is always some one out there that will pay to have something that others don't. I guess you could call it bragging rights. All I know is its fun to see what they can come up with.. and who knows a few weeks/months/years down the road we may all get to cash in on the technology they are playing with now at a price that is reasonable to us.. :)

public_eyesore
02-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Why does Ferrari build street cars that can do 180mph? A car that is well over a million dollars. A car that costs 24K to do a brake job, or 1200 to change the oil?? WHY.. Because they can! And there is somebody out there that WILL buy it. There is always some one out there that will pay to have something that others don't. I guess you could call it bragging rights. All I know is its fun to see what they can come up with.. and who knows a few weeks/months/years down the road we may all get to cash in on the technology they are playing with now at a price that is reasonable to us.. :)
Thank you, those are my feelings exactly. it just anoys me how people say they at them or what they are doing is stupid. Its not genius, but its pretty damn cool

Durrthock
02-16-2006, 08:14 PM
The olny reason he's mad is because nvidia comes up with new and more powerful video cards everyday and no one will buy them beacue that already bought the last one like he did and so he olny had the bragging rights for his being the best for a few months.

OvRiDe
02-17-2006, 03:57 AM
I learned along time ago that if you think what you got is the best .. there's probably something better out there. And if theres not now, wait a few moments because there will be!! :D

EDIT: WOW.. I just realized that posts #200 .. time sure flies when you feel at home.. thanks guys!!