PDA

View Full Version : XBOX case modd

Dash10
04-03-2005, 03:31 PM
I modded my xbox last September and now i figured i should do a case modd, I'm getting some expendable cash soon and wanted to go all out on it. I want to do a game theam but i'm not sure which game to do. I 'm going to try to set up a poll on some af the games i'm thinking of. If there's a game that you think i should do than post it and i'll add it to the poll.

If you have and specific details that you think would be cool post them and maybe I'll set up a later poll for that.

I want this to be kind of a community project utilitising Ideas from the the board.

I'm going to start the poll with Halo2, Doom3 (even thought it's being done for a PC), Ninja Gaiden, Fable, and Jade Empire.

Thanks for your input

Dash10

"True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing."
Socrates

fishies
04-03-2005, 03:49 PM
I would like to see pictures of your xbox mods.

As for assistance, I've posted this before, and I'll post again.

You need to determine the theme for your case. From there, the sketches should come easily. Don't be as concerned about the finished product at this stage of the game, as what you see in your mind and what you produce often differ. It's more important to determine the process, which can only be thought out after the theme is decided upon.

Themes can range from Paul's Doom 3 mod, to something as simple as all windows (a casemod of only windows.) You could go slap happy with your cutting tool and give every panel a window, or multiple windows. Your theme could be colour based, or shape based. You could pick a movie genre theme, musical theme, career theme, or anything in between.

You could do many things with a case. That isn't what you should ask help for. When you're knee deep in wire bits because you can't figure out why your lighted fanbus isn't working, that's when to ask help.

I hope this helps more than discourages.

altec
04-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Doom 3 coz noobs are taking over ARE halo :(

Fish has a good point i had to find it out the hard way. So take your time and mod parts at a time NEVER try and do it all as fast as you can BAD BAD idea. :eek:

Whisp
04-04-2005, 05:44 PM
I think the ninja gaiden theme would be sleek. I have seen many doom 3 mods so that would be a bit different. Maybe some custom fan grills or bezel work of ninja stars and a custom window. maybe like an outline shape of a ninja or something with some back lighting. could have like chain handles.

Definetly have a lot of colours to choose from when it comes to ninjas.

Anyways since ninjas have lots of gadgest and stuff you could incorporate them in some how.