PDA

View Full Version : Original Quake Case

butcher
01-09-2006, 12:48 PM
My next case I want to make will be a homage to what got me started in computers and gaming all together... QUAKE ... Anyone got any cool ideas.. The only thing im for sure going to do is make quake symbol fan grills with blue leds like "Quad Damage" in the original quake game.. and give it a copperish paint job like the original box art..

garrett2408
01-09-2006, 01:08 PM
sweet i love that game, maybe a side window with the quake symbol, reverse it though cut around the symbol and cut out a square around it with plexiglass behind.
there are also lots of interesting textures in the game, you could texture the case or something or borrow some of the architectural styles, although the engine limited that really.
i might do that my self someday.

Rankenphile
01-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Add the old NIN nails box, lol.

Nawl
01-09-2006, 02:55 PM
I think you should do some bondo work on the outside and maybe
some rocks or a Quake-building kind of thing on the bottom. And for the inside many mesh's and scary red lights :p

Nawl

butcher
01-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Hey thanks for the ideas keep them coming. I would definantly like to have quake symbol in a window and a NIN box, I will try to coincide with the orignal architecture also.. which yes,, is very limited..

Ohtarnehtar
04-17-2006, 09:06 PM
hmmm, you could try to mount a second fabricated case around the one with all ure stuff, and put all the grills/windows, fans, etc. in this one too, but have this one shake??? i dunno, just spouting random ideas

RangerDanger
04-17-2006, 11:20 PM
well heres what i think u should do...(which was laso done in the doom mars project)...lay the game....and look aroudn for things u can intertpret with the case.

Slug Toy
04-18-2006, 12:49 AM
im thinking a model of the BFG belongs here. i wouldnt necessarily stress sticking to quake for this one. maybe the quake 2 BFG, or the one in the doom movie. i like the quake 2 one because it was like some sort of plasma that shot life-seeking beams at people. it made a cool wind up noise too.