PDA

View Full Version : I.E 8 not opening tabs

deadevil13
05-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Hey guys...

Okay, dont have a go at me for this but - i use (or now used) internet explorer almost all the time. But today while installing random applications (mainly debuggers) i seem to have corrupted my InternetExplorer....in the sense that when i go to open a link in tab form (middle button on the mouse) the tab opens and just stays blank saying that it is "Connecting..."

Does anyone know of how to resolve this problem...minus system restore.

Why minus SysRestore...because ive done it like 15 times today....thanks to debuggers that are not compatible with Windows 7.

So yeh any suggestions....for now im using firefox, and most likely will stick using FFox...but i just want to sort out the problem, otherwise looks like i will have to reinstall IE8

Dan :)

Btw i have already reset IE

Oneslowz28
05-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Just forget IE all together. It is the worst browser out there. FF3 is the way to go.

deadevil13
05-31-2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah Im Really Likeing FireFox, so im gonna stick with it :D

Zephik
05-31-2009, 08:00 PM
Also try Google Chrome. In comparison, Firefox is to a Tank as Chrome is to a Racecar.

progbuddy
06-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Also try Google Chrome. In comparison, Firefox is to a Tank as Chrome is to a Racecar.

Agreed. Lightweight browsing is great for chrome. Also, Java applications run insanely fast on it.

Safari 4 works as well.