PDA

View Full Version : Official TBCS iPhone/iPod Touch thread

SgtM
06-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Got one? Modded? Jailbroken? Read about or have a good app? Post it here.

:banana:

Zephik
06-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Japanese Language Learning Tool: Human Japanese.

eBook Reader: Stanza.

Internet Radio: Pandora.

Sleep/Relax Aid: Ambiance, Custom Sounds of Nature, AmbiScience Brain Power.

Online Cookbook/Recipes: BigOven, 5800+ Drink & Cocktail Recipes.

Humor: ICanHasCheezburger, FML.

Random: Google Earth, Flixter (for movies), Yellow Pages, Amazon.com, TwitterFon, IM+.

Games: Puzzle Quest, Aurora Feint, 7 Cities, Crystal Defenders, Heavy Mach, Arcade Bowl, Lux Touch, S.Deadbeef, Tap Tap Revenge, Sentinel, Pocket Tanks.

Enjoy!

rendermandan
06-02-2009, 12:40 AM
I have an Ipod Touch and the 800 pin connector sucks!!! Mine drops my connection all the time to my Alpine X100 radio so I eventually just bought a 32 gig memory stick.

Zephik
06-02-2009, 02:38 AM
Here's more games to add to the list: Stickwars, Peggle, Lemonade Tycoon.

And a few more misc apps: Myspace, Facebook, SuicideGirls, Flashlight, Google Mobile, How To Videos.

I have an Ipod Touch and the 800 pin connector sucks!!! Mine drops my connection all the time to my Alpine X100 radio so I eventually just bought a 32 gig memory stick.

That might be do to Apple changing the pin layout around and thus screwing everyone over. Thats why you have products that say 2nd gen compatible these days, because some of the older stuff doesn't work with the 2nd gen iPod Touch. So irritating. There are so many products out there that I want but I can't use because I have a second gen and they don't support the second gen.

SXRguyinMA
06-02-2009, 10:53 AM
gotg a first gen 8GB, jailbroken, cydia, etc. broken screen and junk battery. still works for music though lol

xRyokenx
06-02-2009, 11:17 AM
The NIN app looks really cool... I just don't have a device that'll use it, lol.

aintnothang
06-08-2009, 01:20 AM
yup, I got one. Not jailbroken yet.

Zephik
06-08-2009, 03:06 AM
Radio: iheartradio (awesome!)
Tools: 9-Toolbox, MathRef, Units, MultiConvert
Random: Wikipanion, Speed Test, iHandy Level
Games: A.Surgeon

(You may not be able to find these apps by searching the app store with these names, but I'm not going to search every single one to find what they have it listed in the app store as. Try google if you can't find it in the app store.)

SgtM
06-25-2009, 12:41 AM
Anyone else on 3.0 and jailbroke?

Zephik
06-25-2009, 03:00 AM
I'm dying to get the 3.0, but I don't have ten dollars to spare just yet. :(

Thinking about jail breaking though... :think:

More apps: Pocket Tanks, ManGo, 9-Toolbox, TweetDeck, Shovel, Diggnation, Bricks Free.

xRyokenx
06-26-2009, 12:44 AM
I just got an iTouch the day before yesterday. Bought the $10 software update, iSpore, and got a bunch of free apps. The one thing that pisses me off is that the version of AIM that's decent to use costs $3. What the **** AOL? What the ****.

Zephik
06-26-2009, 01:16 AM
That's nothing. IM+ costs $9.99. Granted, it kicks some pretty nice ass, though. However, I just use the free version, which is great for just instant messaging.

Welcome to the world of the iPod Touch. Prepare to spend hours searching the free section, finding the lite version, getting pissed that the lite version sucks, and then eventually forking over your cash for the paid version. lol

On the plus side, you could make an app and sell it too, if you wanted. There was a guy who made so much off of his app because it was so wanted and desired, that he was able to quit his job and start his own app company.

The most I've paid for an app was $7.99 for PuzzleQuest. Definitely worth the price. Hours and hours of gameplay.

xRyokenx
06-26-2009, 01:20 AM
Yeah. This fall when I (hopefully) enter the military, I'll be able to afford an iPhone and a Macbook, along with all the software and applications I could ever use. Only deal with iPhones is that as soon as they're done charging you out the arse after two years the bill will have been around or over $2.5k. Do the math: $100/month x 24 months = ... lol

It'll be nice to have though, especially when driving places. Hooray accessories.

Zephik
06-26-2009, 01:35 AM
Good luck with that military thing. My best friend is getting shipped out to Afghanistan in three weeks. He's a medical officer.

More Apps: Crazy Penguin, Stone Loops

xRyokenx
06-26-2009, 01:41 AM
Thanks. I'm going into the Air Force (or Coast Guard) so hopefully I'll be away from combat... I really would rather not be shot at. I'd probably do alright in such a situation but it's one I'd preferably avoid at all costs.

Zephik
07-19-2009, 03:58 AM
Podcasts: Diggnation, The Totally Rad Show, Scam School and ROFL.

<3 Scam School. Such an awesome show! Now I know how to open a pad lock with a pop can and score free drinks at bars!

SgtM
07-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Be careful with text messages today guys..
http://sgtm.site90.net/wordpress/2009/07/hackers-threaten-to-reveal-iphone-security-flaw-cbs5-com/

billygoat333
07-30-2009, 08:22 PM
tried to click your link sgtm and got an error page from your host. :S

SgtM
07-31-2009, 08:54 AM
My host deactivated my account for no reason. I'm disputing it now.

Zephik
08-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Convertbot - Free For a Limited Time! Get it now while you still can! Very handy tool to have in your pocket. It can basically convert anything and everything.

Angle, Area, Currency, Data Rate, Data Size, Force, Fuel, Illuminance, Length, Mass, Power, Pressure, Radioactivity, SI, Speed, Temperature, Time, Typography, Volume, Work.

All packed in a very nice looking/functioning GUI. It looks like someone put in a decent amount of work into this app so I don't expect it to remain free for very long. Most likely its being offered for free to get it into the top 50 list, which is has, then they'll charge for it.

SgtM
09-04-2009, 07:16 PM
MMS is coming Sept 25th.
http://free-iphone3gs.host56.com/wordpress/mms-finally-coming-to-the-iphone-sept-25th/

Zephik
09-04-2009, 07:24 PM
I can't believe it took them that long! I guess they wanted to be prepared for the surge of data usage? No single company could of handled such a huge newly founded user base. Even Verizon would have buckled under the pressure. But, that's what happens when you have an amazing device that everyone is going to want and you put it on one network. They should have spread it out over multiple networks. We as consumers would have benefited so much more if that would have happened. I can't wait until their contract ends! Competition is always a good thing for the consumer.

Anyways, about time. I'm going to laugh if they end up having problems once it happens. I don't think people will forget something like that all too quickly. But whatever, nails in the coffin, etc etc, can only be happy either way.

Zephik
09-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Is that still your Blog SgtM? If so, its looking pretty good!

SgtM
09-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Yeah, that's my blog. Thanks. I used to have a lot of content on it on another account, but my host saw fit to disable it. I'm slowly building it back up.

SgtM
09-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Don't forget.. tomorrow's the big day!
http://free-iphone3gs.host56.com/wordpress/reminder-iphone-mms-available-tomorrow/

Zephik
11-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Games: Fling, Papaya, Uno, Gametender*.
*Awesome app for drinking games and drink recipes.

Other: Backgrounds, Sketchbook, Photoshop Mobile.

Zephik
11-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Eliminate Pro - Very fun FPS! Bit of a learning curve but gets easier as you adjust to the controls.

xRyokenx
11-17-2009, 03:00 PM
My iPod and iTunes haven't been cooperating with me lately so I'm going to be resetting it to the default settings, putting a few apps I want to keep on it, and am going to put it into a drawer or some other safe place and leave it for a while until I'm no longer pissed at it.

Has anybody else had any trouble with pictures and music syncing to their iPod on Windows 7? iTunes just sits there spinning in circles doing nothing whenever I try to sync these days.

Zephik
11-17-2009, 03:09 PM
No problems here, although I sync pretty rarely.

xRyokenx
11-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Maybe my problem is user error, lol. I dunno, I'll figure it out eventually.

Zephik
02-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Eliminate Pro: insanely fun FPS game now with some cool new maps and features. If you got it, add Zephik. If you don't, then get it and add Zephik! lol

They're offering some pretty nice rewards for recruiting people and we can also battle eachother privately by adding eachother.