PDA

View Full Version : ATI Catalyst Control Center won't Install

Indybird
06-19-2009, 09:34 AM
So I just got a lovely new MSI GT725 laptop with ATI Mobility HD4850. The laptop is awesome except for the fact that MSI installed Windows Vista 32 Bit when the laptop has 4GB of memory. Well I decided this would be a good chance to install Windows 7 RC 64 Bit. I install and all of the drivers work perfectly fine. So finally I go to install Catalyst Control Center 9.6 (which was installed on the original Vista 32-Bit). I run the installer, and it installs abnormally fast. I then proceed to run CCC...It's not there: it didn't even install it. So I run the installer again, except I do "Custom Install" this time. CCC isn't even on the list of components to be installed.

So about an hour later I've tried:
-Catalyst 9.5 for Win7
-Catalyst 9.6/9.5 for Vista x64
-Downloading all of these from different sites
-CCC stand alone installer
-Uninstalling the microsoft drivers, then attempting to install catalyst

The last item on that list turns out particularly interesting. With NO drivers installed I run the Catalyst Installer, and it doesnt install ANYTHING. No CCC obviously, but no drivers either!

I've searched google and found one other guy with this problem, but no suggested any fixes.

Anyone here have any ideas?

Thanks a million,
Indybird

Luke122
06-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Do you need the CCC? You can install just the drivers separately cant you?

Indybird
06-19-2009, 05:56 PM
I wanted CCC for the overclocking, power play and monitor options. The current drivers are OK, but I they won't update to the newest drivers that came with 9.6. All of the ATI installers I've tried just install the "Catalyst Install Manager" and nothing else.

Thanks,
Indybird

XcOM
06-20-2009, 04:08 PM
if your desprate for the latest drivers, get uniextract and rip the driver files out of the CCC package and install them manually,

as for overclocking use ATI Tool

Indybird
06-20-2009, 09:47 PM
if your desprate for the latest drivers, get uniextract and rip the driver files out of the CCC package and install them manually,

as for overclocking use ATI Tool

Aside from drivers and overclocking I want ATI Power play, and I want the monitor adjustments.

I appreciate the suggestions but I'd rather solve the problems instead of finding an alternative.

Thanks,
Indybird

SXRguyinMA
06-24-2009, 09:31 AM
I had that issue the other day trying to install CCC 9.6, I just rebooted my computer and it installed fine :think:

Indybird
06-25-2009, 02:57 AM
I had that issue the other day trying to install CCC 9.6, I just rebooted my computer and it installed fine :think:

I tried restarting my computer several times, but it still has the same problem. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Thanks,
Indybird