PDA

View Full Version : Computer window venting mod.

aken909
06-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Hi, i'm trying to find a window vent for my computer.

Or have one made.

I have had the idea in my mind for years, but after getting a portable AC that has something just like this I decided it was time to get one for my cpu.

I attached a quick diagram I made in paint to show the parts needed or the basic idea of what I desire.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5409/computerwindowvent.th.jpg (http://img40.imageshack.us/i/computerwindowvent.jpg/)

SgtM
06-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Welcome. Be advised though. You only need one post.. and give folks time to respond.

BuzzKillington
06-20-2009, 02:18 PM
This has been done a thousand times which means there's 100,000 ways of doing it.

Go peruse your local home depot or other major department store and be creative.

Decide how you want the air to be routed. What needs the air most in your system? GPU or CPU or do you simply want to connect to to your case?

Now that we're going into summer you may not see any fantastic temp drops. During the cooler months it's a great option but has its risks.

What are your current temperature ratings now? Are you looking to overclock?

aken909
06-21-2009, 01:52 AM
I don't want the air to go in my pc, I want it to blow hot exhaust out my window.

I have an sli setup with a 1200 watt psu and the air that comes out of the psu is 90F and the heat that come out the case fans and the gpus is hot too.

The room the computer is in can get up to 85-90F even when the rest of the house is -75F

So i'd like something that attaches to the back of my case and blows all that hot air outside, so it doesn't collect in the room and cook me.

And yeah I could make it myself but I don't have any power tools and I was hoping someone here would be able to mold plastic.

Or someone would know where to buy one pre-made.

billygoat333
06-21-2009, 01:57 AM
maybe use pvc pipe and pipe it out like plumbing? or get the flexible aluminum ducting for HVAC applications? lol I dunno.

nevermind1534
06-21-2009, 12:53 PM
I would say go with the flexible aluminum ducting.

Axis Machine
06-21-2009, 01:46 PM
You could go with the the sort of tube that you use to vent hot air from your dryer out side.

nevermind1534
06-22-2009, 05:48 PM
You could go with the the sort of tube that you use to vent hot air from your dryer out side.

That's what the flexible aluminum tubing is :)