PDA

View Full Version : If TBCS had a Twitter account would you follow it?

Oneslowz28
06-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Thinking of creating a Twitter feed for the TBCS front page. If we had one would you follow it?

The boy 4rm oz
06-25-2009, 10:27 AM
I would follow, if I twittered, now a facebook page on the other hand ;).

Datech
06-25-2009, 10:35 AM
My problem is that the front page of TBCS is a bit too busy for me, and the majority of us are here for the forum anyway. My TBCS bookmark is straight to the forum, and I rarely read any of the articles on the front page.

If TBCS had a Twitter account and it updated with the front page articles I'd like to think I'd read them more often.

Luke122
06-25-2009, 11:28 AM
TBCS does have a facebook group!

nevermind1534
06-25-2009, 01:17 PM
I would follow, if I twittered, now a facebook page on the other hand ;).

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2227540602

TheGreatSatan
06-25-2009, 01:54 PM
No way. Id rather slide down a razor blade into a pool of lemon juice

Same with stupid Myspace and facebook

Kumo
06-25-2009, 02:15 PM
No way. Id rather slide down a razor blade into a pool of lemon juice

Same with stupid Myspace and facebook

Totally agree.
I couldn't say it better.

I like to visit the web and the newsfeed (Web and forums).

Oneslowz28
06-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Facebook and Twitter are powerful marketing tools. I would say 1/4 of my photography clients found out about me on facebook. The proof is in the news services across the USA. For years they never advertised on anything except their own station. Now almost every media outlet has a facebook and twitter account. When those who controlled the advertising market for years begin to use social media to market themselves one should pay attention.

My point about this poll is that a lot of tbcs users (myself included) have the main forums page bookmarked and rarely go to the front page. There are lots of good articles, reviews, and interviews posted there that most never see. This is why I proposed this idea. Its an easy way to inform people of fresh content on the front page. Content that some of us bust our buts to produce.

XcOM
06-25-2009, 02:44 PM
i use RSS feeds, much easier, so my vote is no

Beta-brain
06-25-2009, 03:21 PM
I don't use any social networks and know little about them so can't really give an opinion but I think it's very sad that people are not looking at the front page, I bet you would if your build was featured on it :D

Maybe access to the forum should be through the front page, of course I don't mean this in a pushy dictatorial "You must look at the front page" kind of way but it doesn't take long to scan it for new items and features that people have taken time and effort to bring us and at least we know what ever is on the front page will be relevant to the site, if everyone had the front page as their homepage like me you couldn't miss it..creep, creep :redface: :D

Zephik
06-25-2009, 03:47 PM
I would use it so long as you don't update it with pointless babbling. Update it with popular featured worklogs, with front page articles, official tbcs forum threads, etc.

SXRguyinMA
06-25-2009, 04:01 PM
I dont use twitter. I do however have a myspace page, but rarely do anything with it. also, whats so hot about facebook? myspace came out first and pretty much set up the easy social networking system. then facebook came along, now its all teh rage and myspace is awful :think:

a lot of my myspace friends are on facebook now, makes no sense to me :?

Zephik
06-25-2009, 04:07 PM
Everyone has their own preference. Myspace and Facebook are definitely two different social networking websites. There is quite a few things I like about Facebook, but everyone I know has Myspace so thats where I'm at. Think of it like Messengers, theres mainly AIM, Yahoo and MSN. Why have three? Simply because some people like one over the other. Another example is Bing. Google is perfectly amazing, so why Bing? Subtle differences are often enough to get people to switch or use one product over the other.

Facebook feels very Apple-ish, Myspace feels very Microsoft-ish. One has bugs, errors and spam while the other... doesn't. lol

Oneslowz28
06-25-2009, 05:10 PM
I would use it so long as you don't update it with pointless babbling. Update it with popular featured worklogs, with front page articles, official tbcs forum threads, etc.

Actualy it would only be updated when new content is published to the front page. it could be a tech article, member interview, featured worklog, etc.

Zephik
06-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Actualy it would only be updated when new content is published to the front page. it could be a tech article, member interview, featured worklog, etc.

Sounds perfect. I'd definitely follow! I link right to the Forum section so I don't spend too much time on the front page, so this would be a nice reminder and it certainly beats checking the front page every other day to see if there are any new updates. That and I use Twitter for updates on everything else, so this is a nice centralized location instead of having to go to every single website individually.

xRyokenx
06-26-2009, 03:33 AM
I wish people used Twitter more for up to five updates as to things they do during the day and less mind-dumping... sifting through hundreds of updates for just one person is annoying. That's what a blog is for, kind of.

If the TBCS one doesn't clog up my page I'll follow it, otherwise it'll be bookmarked. I seriously only update mine a couple times every few days if I have something interesting in mind to say. Why babble?

But yeah, I'll definitely check out more front page stuff this way.

billygoat333
06-26-2009, 03:37 AM
I dont really like twitter, so I say no. I do however, visit the home page to get to the forums on my lappy (which is usually where I check everything on here @ work) so I read the articles and such anyways :)