PDA

View Full Version : W7 pre-order now

SXRguyinMA
06-26-2009, 07:49 AM
you can pre-order Windows 7 Home Premuim upgrade for $49 or Pro upgrade for $99 now

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy/offers/pre-order-email.aspx

mtekk
06-27-2009, 12:37 AM
I don't know why they won't do the full version (non-upgrade) for a reduced price. Neither of my PCs qualify (my desktop has only had the Windows 7 Beta and RC on it, my laptop has Vista Home Basic). Supposedly, our friends over in the UK get a pre-order deal on the full version.

Besides, I plan on getting a copy or two from my school's student computing services for darn near free anyways.

SXRguyinMA
06-27-2009, 10:42 AM
well according to the site you can upgrade from XP, something you couldnt do for the RC or Beta. install XP then just upgrade :think:

TheGreatSatan
06-27-2009, 11:00 AM
I never like upgrades, I've always liked doing a clean install.

Airbozo
06-27-2009, 11:11 AM

I'm with you.

What is funny, is that when I purchased XP, I purchased the upgrade version and was told I HAD to upgrade the existing OS (Win98 and Win95) in place. I quickly found out that I could do a fresh install, only using my existing OS CD for verification. I do not know for sure, but I expect you can do the same with Win7 upgrade version.

nevermind1534
06-27-2009, 01:30 PM

You can do a clean install with an upgrade CD, though. You just need to have a previous OS installed on the drive. It will do a clean install if you boot off of the CD.

edit: I didn't notice airbozo's post.

pcclan
06-27-2009, 04:15 PM
i could preorder the full version here too on Amazon Canada and you could buy it on Amazon USA right now aka the full version