PDA

View Full Version : Antec ~ Believe it!

knowledgegranted
07-06-2009, 12:52 PM
This review is not just about Antec's products but really more about their customer service and how much they really care about their customers.

Some months ago, I purchased an Antec Trio 550watt (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371002) for my newest gaming machine. When the Power Supply had first arrived, it was no 'special' power supply; it powered things, and as a computer user that's all I needed it to do. The power supply handled things well, never bottle necking when I tried to overclock. From my mind it was a perfect power supply. Recent weeks ago, while 3D modeling, I heard a pop sound looked around quickly and noticed the fan on the power supply had stopped working. Before I could even turn around to shut my computer off the computer shut down on its own and the power supply started to produce tons of heat. (Please note this is not Antec's fault, the power supply had been well used.)

Luckily, Antec warranties their products Parts+Labor for three years.
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8045/antectwarranty.png

This pretty much tells me that they Believe in their products, which makes me the customer Believe in them. RMAing the broken product was easier than I have ever experienced. I had called their RMA line, easily found on their website, and upon instantly pressing the last digit I found myself talking to a real live person.

After Explaining what had really gone wrong with me and my product, the supervisor on the other end of the line gave me a short little link to follow and fill out. Within minutes I was out the door, already had my RMA number and knew where to mail it. Within one week I received an, containing just a shipping number to UPS; that's when I was really happy. The process had been only a 5 minute job, just write my RMA number on all sides of the box and ship it, then there lies a shipping number back within one week.

Today I received my package, I noticed it was not an ordinary power supply; it was not one that I had ordered, it was not one that I would have money for. In fact, Antec sent me the top of the line Power supply they have with the same amount of wattage that I had originally owned. They had sent me thier True Power New 550W 80 Plus certified Power Supply (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371020), this is not only 80 Plus certified but also modular. Just at the sight of the box it had already replaced and gave me two features I once didn't have.

The original Power Supply I had order was around $40-$50, this new power supply I hold in my hands thanks to Antec today is worth $100.

I give antec the Two thumbs up not only for their great customer service but for also supplying their love to the customer. One thing is left to say about Antec today, and that is that "I Believe."

Sarra
08-01-2009, 09:38 AM
Nice review. I always want to hear about customer service :) Gz on your new PSU!