PDA

View Full Version : Guns!?

Overconfidence
01-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Alright, my current case mod is on the back burner right now, so I was wondering what you guys had for ideas for gun themed mods? (Same case, just not working on it much)

I was thinking lots of shells and bullets 'flying' around... Grenade? XD

Thx,
~OC

ForceFedFlesh
01-22-2006, 02:55 PM
post some pics of ur case

Aero
01-22-2006, 03:43 PM
you could proboly rig something up with mirrors and stuff to look like holograpic bullets so they are floating.

Overconfidence
01-22-2006, 05:55 PM
This (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1660) is my thread (With case).

I was planning on suspending the shells in the window (Sort of 'hanging' there), and then having some bullets (Real bullets) impacting inside the case. But what else?

abnoea
01-22-2006, 10:33 PM
i think it would be sweet if you put some shells just laying on the bottom (inside of course) of your case.... maybe just drill small holes or something...

also, take maybe the top and side panels of your case and go shoot some holes in em.... i dont know how well that'd work w/ acrylic but if you got some to spare try that too... that would look neat

edit: upon reading your other thread i see almost all my ideas were stated... =(
but i still think itd be cool to do that =D

but i also think a banana clip would be kick arse somewhere in all of this...

BoSoxNation88
01-24-2006, 09:55 PM
Give it a camo paintjob

Malignus Wingnut
01-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Take a side panel to a shooting range and shoot a couple of holes in it. Low caliber rifle or handgun, unless you want a huge friggin hole.

OvRiDe
01-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Caliber is pretty irrellevant in that case.. entry holes for anything short of a 12Ga Slug are usually only slightly larger then the bullet itself. So a 45 Caliber is going to leave somewhere in the neighborhood of a 1/2 inch hole, give or take a few .001 of an inch. Now exit holes are a completely different thing. What I think would look cool is shooting the panel while the inside is facing you, so the torn metal bullet hole is on the outside of the case. The only problem with that is you would cut the hell out of your self every time you got close to it, since bullets dont take the time to file down the sharp edges as the pass through. :)

Good luck with it.. I have had a few ideas for similar case for one of my range buddies, and anxious to see someone elses ideas.

BoSoxNation88
01-25-2006, 06:27 PM
Make a base out of bondo. Make it look like dirt and put shells in it

Overconfidence
01-25-2006, 09:15 PM
Take a side panel to a shooting range and shoot a couple of holes in it. Low caliber rifle or handgun, unless you want a huge friggin hole.

Only have around a .308 and a 22-250, and they have 30-35 inch barrels. Target shooting, so basically.. they'd make pretty small and clean holes. As in, doing it by hand would be more 'convincing'.

Redbeard
01-30-2006, 03:41 PM
here's what I thought of, it's not on the same wavelength as what you guys are talking about but... What about a case built to look like a fancy high tech (even futuristic?) gun case. Think of the cases in movies like The first Tomb Raider, Men in Black, and many others. You could obviously have a window showing a gun real or fake and a nice acrylic holder. I think if you wire your case accordingly you could make it work. Just an idea.

Rankenphile
01-30-2006, 07:37 PM
Ever see those trick coin boxes they sell at gimick shops with the cube floating in mid-air? The trick is that it's mounted on a mirror at a 45 degree angle, so that it reflects the sides and the floor just right, but doesn't reflect the viewer. It looks like this (click picture to view page - you can buy one from them to dissect and examine):

http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/explorestore_1873_1267406 (http://explore4fun.com/madiartcoba.html)

If you could mount a bullet or two, or even a half a gun so that it would be perfectly reflected, you could create a floating gun illusion in your case window. It would look awesome.

Smitten
01-31-2006, 06:43 AM
here's a thought. you mentioned having some bullets suspended in the window and others impacting it. what i've seen in a lot of movies lately (since saving private ryan at least) are bullets passing through water. how about recreating that ripple effect in the window with your bullets? so instead of passing perpendicular to the window, they would appear to be passing parallel with it. would look hella better than just suspending them imo.

8)

onelegout
01-31-2006, 08:45 AM
this seems realy stupid of me, but Im sure that I replied to this already! I hope that i didnt reply somewhere else by accident lol!
Anyway, my suggestion was to have some kind of remote control to turn it on. Im not sure how this would work but im sure its been done before! You could mount the remote in a replica handgun and have the trigger as the on switch! :D that way you would shoot the case to turn it on lol

Rankenphile
01-31-2006, 02:14 PM
Actually, that would be pretty easy to do. You could just disassemble a remote mechanism and put the IF beam emitter in the barrel of a toy gun and have the trigger activate the switch.

The only problem would be if someone, especially a young kid, were to play witht he gun and break it or jsut disappear with it. I'd make sure you had another means to turn the machine on.

As a side note, I'm actually exhibiting for my company in the Shot Show this year in Las Vegas in about a week. The Shot Show is one of the world's largest gun shows. I'll look around and see if I can come up with some cool ideas for this mod while I'm there.

Overconfidence
02-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Been busy for a while, but I'll be able to work on my case after I finish my three finals this week :D.

My friend was working on a remote control type device for me. It was either going to be a detonator (Flip up a plastic guard, press trigger, awesomeness ensues), or a pistol. Pistol would be infinitely awesomer... And I could probably put the battery (It needs a 9v battery, which would last a couple years at least) as the ammo clip.

Totally don't get how that coin... box... thing... works, but that'd be neat.

Bullets passing through water would be pretty cool.. but.. the acrylic isn't thick enough, I don't think, to make that kind of effect, unless you have further explanation.

I haven't cut into the case at all, yet, since I'm finishing up on my mini-watercooling case.

Ohtarnehtar
04-17-2006, 08:55 PM
for the mirror reflector, if u cut a gun in half vertically, so the profile is the same, and mounted it in the middle of the mirror, it would appear that the gun is floating... it should work best with a pistol, and it would definetely would need to be fake, as you dont want to cut a real one in half. if you mounted bullets on a pedestal, perfectly vertical, probably some stiff wire, then they would appear to be flying through the middle of the case. (anything below the mirror would appear to be standing out from the back of the case the same amount they are above the ground. if its at a 45 degree angle) mirror placement is back lower edge to top front edge. + u can put all the components behind the mirror if its big enough.

RangerDanger
04-17-2006, 11:17 PM
ok ok im sry i haev to say this think its wayy too ko0ol to pass up. If u own a gun, or know some1 who does....take off ur side panel...and FIRE AWAY! I'd say about 10-12 rousdn would be nice. then clean it up.cut off excess metal..sand down rough edges..and put plexi behind the holes......and if u want to cut a gun in half....use a glock since its not all metal.

Cevinzol
04-18-2006, 05:17 AM
Cutting up a real gun would be expensive and hard (barrels are made of high grade tool steel).
Instead you could make a gun maybe like this one Make your own metal blaster (http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/blasterrifle/main.html)

When i first read the thread I though maybe you wanted to make your case look like a gun. Like those over sized monstrosities in warhammer 40k. i was thinking of a way to make the magazine and action really do something like be part of the optical drives or something with the empty cartidges piling up outside the case like you've just auto-fired your oponent with your computer.

CanaBalistic
04-18-2006, 05:37 PM
I have a sugjestion.

you could pick up an ammo belt like mine here and hang them over a cut out in your side panel. it would look sharp and act as a vent...
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/Cana-Balistic/100_1756.jpg

Ive been wanting to incorperate my ammo belt into a case mod but i like having them on my coffe table as decoration

RangerDanger
04-18-2006, 10:14 PM
WHOA! sicne when are hand grenades in ammo belts!!! lol jm yea an ammo belt would be nice... and if u can pick up a drum clip....cut out both cirlces and insert fans.

GT40_GearHead
04-23-2006, 06:29 AM
why not shot some shotgun shels:D , from 20 meters so they can spread out a bit (I have some in my room but i dont have a gun, its that illegal:rolleyes: )