PDA

View Full Version : Cellphone stolen at work

BuzzKillington
07-21-2009, 06:33 AM
tonight. I was at work a whole 2 hours before my cellphone was stolen from on top of the fridge in the break room. I thought it was safe there since we have such a small overnight crew.

We're remodeling the store and tonight we were moving around entire isles which entails laying on the ground at times. I figured my phone would be safe for a little bit.

I HATE thieves. They absolutely disgust me. I was taught if you can't buy it... you don't get it. There's no way around it besides gifts. Plain and simple. I know there are plenty of people that steal from stores and to a certain degree I can see where they're coming from but a coworker that makes minimum wage and has to live at home and STILL barely scrapes by? That's low.

altec
07-21-2009, 07:10 AM
Security camera?

Collinstheclown
07-21-2009, 07:41 AM
Shoot first, ask second.

But seriously, thats lame. People at my work steal my lunch meat and ramen noodle... I've since put a lock on my lunch bag... :/

-CollinstheClown

Mark_Hardware
07-21-2009, 08:43 AM
I started lacing certain foods that I leave in the work fridge with laxatives. You wanna steal my food biotch? Go right ahead. :devious:

Oneslowz28
07-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Did you confront anyone? If not then its your fault you don't have your cell back. I would have called the cops and not let anyone leave the building until the cell was given back. If your company would not have backed you up then it would have been time to call a lawyer.

Drum Thumper
07-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Security camera?

Nope. Against privacy laws. Walmart got nailed big time over this a few years back.

farlo
07-21-2009, 09:57 AM
try calling the cell phone?

try and recognize the voice that picks up, then report then.

Luke122
07-21-2009, 01:27 PM
If you suspect someone of stealing it, go up to them and say, "Hey, someone stole my cell phone.. any idea who?" Try to get them "on your side" to find it. If they get all defensive right away, you know you've got them.

BuzzKillington
07-21-2009, 05:05 PM
There were 5 other employees there last night and one cleaner guy who coincidentally left right at midnight (when my phone was turned off.)

He was gone before I knew my phone was missing. The other employees wouldn't fess up to anything and since they pulled the battery out almost immediately, they definitely wouldn't fess up after that because they were home free.

I told my boss who was pissed but definitely didn't take any action. This is the first time I've ever had anything stolen from me from work so I wasn't aware cops could be called. I wish I did.

Zephik
07-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Someone once stole my sweater that I had JUST got for christmas from my brother and his wife. I was pretty pissed and upset. I've since learned to not trust anything to chance what-so-ever. People keep telling me "oh, it'll be fine, just relax a bit". Yea. Whatever. Don't trust anything to chance. Its a good lesson to learn at least.

Luke122
07-22-2009, 11:22 AM
I'd find the guy who left at midnight, and have a "chat" with him.