PDA

View Full Version : windows XP trouble on toshiba laptop

SPARTAN1630
07-26-2009, 10:34 PM
my friends girlfriend has a toshiba laptop, the problem with it is that XP wont boot according to her, it blue screened and wouldnt boot anymore, the way to fix it is to reformat, than, thats my problem. cant get into the bios. some weird bios comes up not like a normal bios. gives me five options multiple discs, DVD drive, floppy drive, network, and HDD putting an XP recovery disc into the drive and clcking onto the DVD drive option doesnt do anything, and i try to load XP on safemode with cmd prompt wont work, once XP is done loading it just BSOD's and starts all over i used to remember a button command while bios loaded to reformat without the disc on XP..its was like ALT+F7 or somthing like that

in some trouble here, any sugegstions?

Luke122
07-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Forget the recovery disc.. grab the key from the bottom of the laptop, and get the appropriate XP cd. Boot from the install cd, punch in the key from the bottom, and you are good to go. :)

SPARTAN1630
07-27-2009, 05:18 PM
Forget the recovery disc.. grab the key from the bottom of the laptop, and get the appropriate XP cd. Boot from the install cd, punch in the key from the bottom, and you are good to go. :)

i have a xp dvd, and i could do that, problem is, cant get it to run, the laptop doesnt gave a normal bios, and the DVD drive seems to not want to load the disc, i cant figure out a way to fix it