PDA

View Full Version : quick question...

billygoat333
08-09-2009, 08:24 PM
I know this should probably go in the laptop section but I just wanted a quick answer. does anyone here have a toshiba laptop? heard anything good or bad about them? been looking at this one @ best buy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9371556&type=product&id=1218093379440) and really like it. has a sick looking slot load dvd drive which I love, just not sure about the quality of toshiba. any input would be appreciated :) thanx!

Zephik
08-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Toshiba is a pretty alright brand. My friend has one and I almost unconsciously stole it from her... lol

They're your typical brand though. Nothing special or anything, but they certainly aren't crap, at least not in my experience or knowledge.

For some reason that seems a bit high of a price for what you're getting though. I'm not sure why I have a red flag going off though... hmm, weird. Its probably just me or something... maybe its because of the larger screen size, that does usually add quite a bit and I'm used to looking at smaller notebooks. That's probably what it is.

Anyways, seems nice enough. I just can't shake the feeling that I've seen a better deal somewhere or something. I'll have to think on it or hope someone else comes to my memory lapse rescue. lol

Xpirate
08-09-2009, 08:46 PM
I bought my wife a Toshiba from Newegg.com about two or three months ago. It is not as high end as the one you are looking at. The low end Toshiba feels better than the low end Dell it replaced. The Dell laptop is four years old, but it felt like a cheap laptop from the start.

Zephik
08-09-2009, 09:22 PM
You should look into Dell Studio's if you want fairly nice build quality. My friend got one and I was very impressed with them. Very nice looking, nice feeling, nice features. They've made leaps and bounds with the Studio line. /.02

blueonblack
08-09-2009, 11:33 PM
We bought my wife a Toshiba Satellite from Best Buy last year:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9371592&type=product&id=1218093383896

It's a 17-inch so it's huge, but we don't mind that at all. It has worked perfectly except for the DVD drive. That started getting balky at around 6 months and it finally died a coward's death on the 4th of July. Aside from that I love it.

billygoat333
08-10-2009, 03:08 AM
I have read some more reviews of this laptop and based on what they say, people love this laptop. the only issues I can see is the fact that the battery only gets ~2.5 hrs but that can be fixed with a 12 cell battery. I think I might just get this one. I am sick of my POS old HP that doesnt work very well. lol

billygoat333
08-12-2009, 01:20 AM
So... I waited @ best buy for ~45 min to finally get some help in the Computer section, and they were sold out of the laptop I wanted. grrrrr. and they wouldnt sell me the floor model because it was "too new" of a laptop. wtf. why have a display if you dont have the laptop itself??

gotta love the superior customer service that the blue and yellow offers. haha. thats it, I give up. I will wait til I actually have money to purchase a laptop, and not use my interest free best buy card. haha.