PDA

View Full Version : Fix Everything Quick!

Eclecticos
08-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Microsoft Fix It Solutions

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5545/microsoftfixit.jpg

Microsoft has quietly added a "Fix it" button to a few of the thousands of help documents on its Web site.
When clicked, the computer then takes all the recommended steps automatically.

Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Fix it. We're working hard to automate solutions to common software problems in an easy, intuitive way that is available when and where you need it. So whether you are looking for a solution in help or support content, or an error report, Fix it provides a way to apply automated fixes, workarounds, or configuration changes so you don’t have to perform a long list of manual steps yourself.

Microsoft Fix it Solutions. (http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp_fixit_main)

SXRguyinMA
08-13-2009, 01:13 PM
are you turning into a spammer? lol

Zephik
08-13-2009, 01:37 PM
That's pretty smart. Its kind of like those red button commercials which is exactly what a lot of people need/want. I hope they really push this thing forward and evolve it into something that people use all the time. Sure would make troubleshooting a thousand times easier!

Eclecticos
08-13-2009, 08:26 PM
are you turning into a spammer? lol

Nope. Just posting articles, and useful info.

1RealTruth
10-18-2009, 04:45 AM
FYI, this is only for Vista or Windows 7. It does not work with XP.

I actually told Microsoft I refuse to switch to Windows 7 because they force you to use their "So Called" improved Start Menu and Search. I've been stockpiling Security patch installs and will hold out using XP until it no longer works with the hardware.

Besides the terrible Start Menu and limited Search feature. The fact that they do NOT remember the settings for folders over 20,000, it doesn't work with most of my software.

FYI: I'm actually a big Microsoft fan. I've been sticking up for them for years. Even though their engineers are clueless a lot of the time. i.e. "Hide Extensions for Known File Types", the biggest reason viruses get spread by email.